Importing exported channel list groups channels. (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    TV-Server Version: 19051
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC1 with 19051
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: Athlon X2 +4200
    HDD: 3 160GB Seatages - 1 750GB Seagate
    Memory: 2 GB DDR400 Ram
    Motherboard: Foxconn 6150BK8MC-KRSHN2
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150B(PV) GPU
    Video Card Driver: ForceWare 169.21
    Sound Card: Integrated, 5.1 channel audio, High Definition (Realtek)
    Sound Card AC3: AC3
    Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.50
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500
    1. TV Card Type: Dual Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.43.24108
    2. TV Card: Skystar 2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: 4.4.0.0
    3. TV Card: Hauppauge HRV-1250
    3. TV Card Type: Analog/ATSC/QAM
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Dishnetwork 110, 119 - Bev 82
    HTPC Case: Cooler Master ATC-610-GX1 Desktop Case
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Silenx iXtrema Pro 300w.
    Remote: Radio Shack RS-2117
    TV: 62 Inch Mitz
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

The other day I was looking at my channel list and noticed some of the channels were missing. I did a full scan again and made sure all my channels were there. I had them all set up the way I like them and exported them out. I then decided to create a new database and import my channels from the exported list. After doing this, I noticed that some of my channels were missing again.

After doing a little bit of research, it looks like during the import of the xml, it groups any channels with the same name together. It will tell you that it imported the correct amount of channels, however, if you look in the DB for channels you will find out you have less.

This could be a NA issue only. When we scan, we scan about 40 transponders across two satellites. Each transponder has about 10 to 20 channels on it. Some of the transponders have the same channel names but are totally different channels. So you scan one transponder and you get like 4 channels called Sport. The TV server does not like channels with the same name so it puts a (1), (2), (3) after each channel name when it finds dupes. Then you hit another transponder with same channel names again. The TV server does the same thing and adds (1), (2), (3) to the end of the channels. Because it only checks for dupes on each transponder and not across the whole satellite, you now have channels with the same name. This is not a big deal, because here in the states, we use SID for the channel name. I usually go through and select all channels, right click and choose "Put SID in front of channel name" and this renames the display name to 500 Sport. However, this does not change the original name of the channel in the database.

Now when I go to import my exported out XML. The TV server see's all channels as a whole and see's that you have several channels name Sport (1). If you look in the XML supplied, you will see that there are in fact 4 channels with the original name of Sport (1). All 4 channels get added to the tuningdetails table. However, if you look inside the Channels table, you will see that it only added 1. In this case, the TV server is seeing that you have channels with the same name and grouping them. In the transponder list, you will have all 4 channels now pointing to the same channel ID in the channels table.

Out of 738 channels imported into the tuning details table, you only have 691 in the channels table.

Here are the following steps I did to reproduce this issue.

1. Created a brand new database and did a full scan. (saved DB)
    2. Checked DB for the number of channels. Both channels and tuningdetails table shows 738
    3. Opened the TV server and went to TV channels and exported out. (738 Channels exported.)
    4. Stopped the TV server and deleted the DB. Started it back up and had it create a new one.
    5. Imported my export.xml and it said it imported 738 channels.
    6. Went into the database. The tuningdetals table said 738 channels but the channels table showed 691.

The file below is my full scan (newscan.bak) My exported out channel list (export.xml) and my new database showing the mismatch.

There are no logs included because the TV server does not even record that you imported your export.xml file. Everything else can be seen in the DB or the XML file.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've found at least a reason for this:

if (checkBoxNoMerge.Checked)
    dbChannel=new Channel(channel.Name, false, false, 0, new DateTime(2000, 1, 1), false, new DateTime(2000, 1, 1), -1, true, "", true,channel.Name);
    else
    dbChannel=layer.AddChannel("",channel.Name);

Analog scan obviously has a setting if channels should NOT be merged.
    Import however _only_ uses
    layer.AddChannel("",channel.Name);

Unfortunately this is not a "true" setting but instead a "dumb" gui selection. Therefore the import cannot know whether it is allowed to merge or not...

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This will be completely fixed in next SVN.

You need to make sure your tv and radio channels are empty for a "full" import.
    If at least one channel is found a message will be displayed to ask you if you want to switch into the "merge" mode.
    This allows to re-import (e.g. to add groups or schedules) without creating duplicate entries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom