Importing my videos crashes MP! (1 Viewer)

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: P4 @ 2.6GHz
Memory: 512MB (HT)
Motherboard: Chaintech Zenith
Motherboard Chipset: 875P+ICH5R
Motherboard Bios: latest
Video Card: Asus ATI 9800XT/256
Video Card Driver: Latest
Sound Card: On-board Envy24
Sound Card AC3: Yes
Sound Card Driver: Latest from VIA
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-350
1. TV Card Type: hardware
1. TV Card Driver: latest from shs
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
Video Codec: MPV for video, Hauppauge non-CSS for TV
Audio Codec: MPA for video, Hauppauge non-CSS for TV
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: A nice silver with VFD :D
Power Supply: Large enough
Remote: Marmitek PC Control (IR + RF->USB)
TV: An old Sony WEGA 21" CRT (waiting for my 37" 1920x1080P LCD)
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA card s-video

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4$CVS-30.05.2006- 0:57:50,18
(2006-05-30)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Video Card Resolution: 720x576
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Driver: latest from VIA

Note #1, I have even deleted the video database and started from clean and still this happens.

Note #2, the bug is unrelated to the file or folder I use to import as it happens all the time (even when I trie different video folder).

How it happens:

I go to Movies/Movie Database/Scan, select just one of my (local) folders, click "update" (without automatic nearest match) and it pops up a window that suggests various entries from IMDB (although it SHOULDN'T look at IMDB at all since I import personal videos and have disabled look-up). I click cancel (as of course no match is made) and then MP configuration.exe crashes.

Secondary bug: Why importing STILL LOOKS UP IMDB although I have it TOTTALY removed all internet databases from Movies/Internet Database? (btw it is counter-intuitive to remove the entry by deleting "limit" - there should be a "remove" button).

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Hi,

The scan option in configuration is used to search Internet for movie info. If no database is selected, is using IMDB by default (I agree with you that this should not be case but it has been like this since the beginning). For personal videos, you don't need to scan anything, they will show in Mediaportal video shares view.
    Anyhow, I have tested with latest svn and it is not crashing when you click on cancel. Can you reproduce this problem with latest version?
    Also the remove feature is done selecting a databse in the listview and pressing DEL key in this version.

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    will try, thanks

what I want though, is to be able to ADD things in the database (not manualy, automaticaly, but just without on-line seeking) - even personal videos... you see I think scanning the disk all the time is slow and I PRESUME (I could be wrong) that if videos were in the db, I would be able to move in/out of the trees faster...

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Hi,
    Everytime a file is used, it is added to the database, although that is not making it faster, as the shares view is not using the database at all. One of the ideas for next release is to do exactly that. All views will be using the database, including the shares view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom