Importing recordings and schedules from TVmosaic (1 Viewer)

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
December 4, 2014
Home Country
Spain Spain
Is there a tool to import recording and schedule data from TVmosaic (or DVBlink) to MP2?

I have searched the wiki and the forum but I could not find anything related.

TIA,

Bart

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    No there is none.
    I don't used TVMosaic so I don't know in which format the schedules are exported. As this most likely is an one time thing it can be possible to modify the export file of TVMosaic to match the export file of MP (1 or 2 have identical format here) manual in an editor (like Notepad++ or similar) with "search and replace". For this the export file of TVMosaic should be best in XML format as MP's im/export format is XML...

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
    December 4, 2014
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks.

Although the final migration from TVmosaic to MP2 is a one time thing, I expect to have to do the migration several times during my testing.

As far as I know, TVmosaic does not provide an export facility, only a backup/restore facility, which does create xml files, but nothing about recordings or schedules.

So I would have to dive into the database itself.

Bart

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Before you modify the database, have a deeper look at the XML file. Normally the schedules are exported alongside channels, transponders and so on in a single file. And this is how MP does it too. Most likely this XML file is what you need to do what you want.

I expect to have to do the migration several times during my testing.
    If you don't add that many schedules during testing you always can import the first export file and you will have most if not all schedules imported. Aside this only series schedules are important as one time only recordings are only set for a very short period of time and could be redone in the new TV engine imho. But series (recurring) recordings can be existing also there is no actual program to record. Those are much more "critical"... If you're adding new series recordings they most likely are existent in current EPG so you easily can add probably missing ones after the import...

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    But series (recurring) recordings can be ... no actual program to record.
    For series that are not currently being broadcast, it is possible to create the xml definition of the series, and then import just that single definition into "TV Server". The definition is added to the existing schedule for the other programmes.

The way to do this is to:
    • Schedule a series with the time slot or the repeat setting that you want (e.g. "20.00-21.00 every weekday", or "every time on this channel").
    • Export the recording schedule.
    • Edit the export file and delete all of the schedule entries for other programmes; retain only the one that you created. (Also retain the header and trailer tags in the file.)
    • Edit the entry that you created to specify the relevant details for the series (title, channel, etc.).
    • Import the edited file into "TV Server".
    You don't have to do this one series at a time -- you can create multiple entries, one for each series that is currently not broadcasting, and then import all of them at once. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread