impossible to look at a channel while recording another one (1 Viewer)

petit-pere

Portal Member
November 26, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hi all,

Yesterday I updraded to MP version 1.1.2 from 1.0.0 (new installation).
My PC is running XP SP3, MP 1.1.2 and has a dual-tuner, so thati can record a channel and look at another one ay the same time (that's actually what it's meant to be). This worked fine with version 1.0.0 but with the new version, when I record a channel, I can't look at another one; the reason being no timeshifting (?)! There is plenty of free disc space on the HDD and the tuner card shows no problem.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks ...

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Your going to have to post more information if you want someone to help you. Like what error pops up when you try to tune a channel (No card available ect.) and logs. And go to user CP and fill out your system specs.

Edit: I see from another post in this forum that you did a clean install not an upgrade, did you remember to set up your card as a hybrid card.

petit-pere

Portal Member
November 26, 2008
Home Country
France France
Thanks for your answer TLD.

It seems my system configuration was not displayed --> agreed now ;)

My card is not an hybrid card ... I can tune 2 different DVB-T channels at the same time.

I am afraid there is not much more to say about my problem.

1. I start recording a channel
2. I tune to another channel but then I receive this message "Can't start timeshifting"

No error pops up. The only thing I noticed is that when I view the list of My Channels, it says for almost all channels that they are recording.

I hope this helps ... but please tell me if you need more informations ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom