[Music] Improve Handling of Playlist Imports with very large amounts of music (1 Viewer)

Chuckyy

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

Started on: 2010-01-25
last update: 2010-01-25

Summary:

Call it bug or feature: When you want to import a large amount of music files into your playlist Mediaportal takes endlessly to add them. This could be more bearable if there would be any information about what MediaPortal is actually doing.

Area:
Music, Look&Feel, Playlist

Description:

When you want to import a large amount of music files into your playlist Mediaportal takes endlessly to add them. This could be bearable if there would be any information about what MediaPortal is actually doing. And by that I mean, that you get some information on the screen, like a status bar or something like this. It's just right now you dont know nothing. If you hit the playlist option for the first time and you're one of the impatient types, you might assume MP crashed, if you don't look or even have no hard drive led indicating heavy load.

It's especially annoying if you hit the option accidentally and end up waiting half an hour for MP to complete the Import. So in this case best thing would be to have an option to abort the process.

I know this is a rather unimportant Improvement and I don't want to hear anything about workarounds like a different order for my music files.

Large amount in my case means: ~35GiB, 700 folders, 9500 files

Thanks for reading
Chuckyy

zOnk.oNe

Portal Member
September 24, 2008
I agree. I've been using MP for about 3 years now and have always shut down MP to play music...which really defeats the purpose of a "media portal". I usually load every music file I have at once into Winamp and then let them shuffle. MediaPortal has never handled music very well. I recently tried MP with music again, and a quick Google search brought me to this post. I kinda expected a cool 'fix' or solution.

It would be great if the above comments were addressed.

peace,
zOnk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom