Improve the navigation and opening hidden menu (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do we plan a change related to the hidden menu, the info button on remotes and the context menu which is not available (anymore)? (i.e. in OnlineVideos)

@morpheus_xx Maybe @sa_ddam213 can help with his xaml skills to
    • trigger the hidden menu when hovering the menu button only
    • and keep it open while being on the menu or the menu button
    • and hiding the menu when leaving the menu and the menu button again

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A while back I added the "IsKeyboardFocusWithin" from Xaml to MPF. I also modifieed the titanium menu template a bit on my end to test this and it worked fine. Combining it with MouseOver we can achieve what you are asking ;) I have to dig around my dev PC later to see if I still have the modded xaml. But I also remember that morph said he likes the current explicit way of bringing up and hiding the menu more (though I don't :) ).

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this file. I gave it a test and found the following:

Navigation using the mouse becomes a bit tricky if you move the mouse within the area where the "menu" button is if the menu is hidden.
    --> Menu will be re-opened eachtime you move the cursor only a pixel, because it closes it, then the button is there again et voila: open it again.
    Is it possible to disable the triggers while IsMouseUsed?
    20130818_184951.png
    20130818_184958.png

Could we either hide or leave the button where it was initially and prevent it being focused?
    Selecting it does not do anything anymore.
    20130818_185511.png

Maybe the issues above could be solved if we replace the button by a label which is nicely styled and contains the following text "navigate left to open menu"
    20130818_190328.png

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mouse Movement need a rework, I did it only for keyboard /remote useage which will be the primary input on most HTPCs. I didn't change anything related to mouse stuff (didn't know at the time if we would ever continue this road, so no efforts went into it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom