[TV] Improve tsreader's behaviour on live tv (1 Viewer)

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've posted this somewhere else yesterday:
    "It concerns the streaming behaviour of Mediaportal: When I stream a channel everything begins fine, until a channel gets scrambled for 1-5sec e.g., Mediaportal hangs completely.
    Streaming with Ipimp continues streaming, altough there had been a scrambled part, also xmbc is able to continue streaming immediately.."
    "...it's not Tvserver or Argus related, it's just the way the ts-file is read.
    Thanks in advance!"

I reproduced it now, it happens when the connection to my tvserver isn't strong enough(multiseat install)or when I switch my cam off for some seconds.
    Perhaps there is a way to make the tsreader read the next unscambled part of a ts-file, because other software or native sat-receivers are able to handle this. This would be a great feature I think.

I've also copied the two logs:
    The first shows streaming a channel, then switching cam off, and after reenabling cam make a manual -15sec step back and the channel can be viewed again most of the time.
    The second one it just viewing an encrypted channel, turning cam of while the stream freezes, then turning cam on, but the tsreader isn't able to read the end of the ts-file. It's just producing huge cpu-load(~80% on my 4Ghz Quad).
    Perhaps it's possible to build in a buffer into the tsreader or an algorithm, that makes a shortly scrambled tsfile view again.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom