Improved Music Skin for MediaStream! (1 Viewer)

garyday

Portal Member
March 1, 2006
Dubai
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Guys,
This was bugging the hell out of me, I love MP but almost switched to XBMC because the mediastream music screen really sucked, so I spent a couple of hours hacking it..
Here's what you have to do.

First goto MP Config and make a new music view, make it look like this:

attachment.php

This sets up a simple view, show me ALL albums (ordered by artist) in a icon mode and then when i click into an album it shows me a track listing ordered by track.. (set
this up as you like, but don't use the grouping function as this sucks)..

Then I modified the following files.
common.window.xml
common.facade.music.xml
common.facade.music.noactionmenu.xml

Here's what I added to each file:

Common.window.xml
I added an additional image and text at the top of the screen which shows the selected item (handy when you see the whole screen)

common.facade.music xmls
I extended the width of the icons screen, now can can get 10x5 albums on the screen at the same time as can be seen below

You can see that the "Selected item" is displayed, this also now shows up in other screen (like moving pictures) but i don't see that as a bad thing anyway.. When you have so many CD's on the screen, this makes it easy to see where you are, even though when you move the images zooms so you can see that you have changed..

The menu on the right still works as well ..

attachment.php

I have done some testing, seems to be mostly ok, lyrics and now playing still seem to work, backup the 3 files just be safe though ;)

Any questions or feedback, drop me an email garysday at gmail dot com.

Cheers

Gary

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Looks great!

Think you could post up your modified files, or the actual edits you made to the files? I'm hopeless when it comes to skin modding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom