Imrove: Setting up a manual recording: hundreds of clicks!!! (1 Viewer)

YYota

Portal Pro
May 14, 2005
In myTv, when you want to do a manual recording, it's a real pain to enter the time and length of the recording... espcially using a remote!

Right now: you have a huge list of all starting times incremented by 5 minutes!!!
=> A total of 287 entries!
=> worst case = 143 clicks!!!

How it should be (and was before 0.2):
one hour field with +- buttons => 24 entries
and a minute field with +- buttons => 60 entries
=> worst case = 12 + 30 = 42 clicks!

2 big problems:
- it's 3 times slower to enter a time this way, remote controls don't have the repeat speed of keyboard or they become unusable in general => slow!
- you cannot use numeric keys on the remote to enter a time

Another issue, the recording length can only be set by increment of 30 minutes.

This shouldn't be very hard to change, I hope someone has the knowledge and the time to look into it.
Thanks a lot for considering!

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
did you try the "fast forward" button instead of doing 143 single step clicks?

thanks+regards
WeWe

YYota

Portal Pro
May 14, 2005
Thanks for the suggestion, fast forward didn't do anything BUT then I tried other keys and found out that channel + and - would scroll pages at once! I never knew that.

Therefore I should refine my suggestion. The current system is good enough, except that to set a time, the default focus shouldn't be on the last entry (midnight) but on 12.00 midday so you start in the middle of the list :)

Thanks again for the help! It's really appreciated.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How about allowing a context appropriate help screens that could be displayed from each screen - for each plugin. Then helpful hints (hidden info) plus remote & keyboard buttons <-> Commands would be visible instead of needing to paste them onto the coffee table so anyone else would know what to do - instead of yelling across the house - "Hey Dad, what button do I press to..."

Mike

EDIT: Can't believe I put this post under the the wrong thread. Oh boy. What a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom