include dvbfix in installation... (1 Viewer)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, just an opinion, it would be nice if the mp installer took care of BDA/DVB hotfix in order to make it one step nearer to a one click installation. maybe detect the OS running which i think the installer is already doing, and if the OS requires BDA/DVB hotfix then install it and register it.

this way, when installing windows xp sp3 u will have all the requirements covered under Required Updates and Hotfixes (do not try to use MediaPortal without!) of the wiki.

is this at all possible or a good idea?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    well at the moment it warns you if the hotfix is needed, so maybe as an enhanced option it could actually give the option to install.
    I think the only possible problem would be the fact that it's an MS dll that needs to be applied, which may cause issues with copyright.

Otherwise, I think it would be a great idea. We get too many people whining about "Why does this effect MP and not <other HTPC apps>?"

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    LINK?

MS doesnt allow it fixes to be distributed by 3rd parties.
    Hello,
    isn´t the DVB-Fix from somebody from the MediaPortal-Community?
    Does that make any difference?

Or can we at least make a link in the messagebox where you can download the patch?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    OK, i thought that would be the reason.

as has been said, maybe a message box with a link at the end of the installation would be a good option. always prior analysis of the OS to know if its needed.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    MS doesnt allow it fixes to be distributed by 3rd parties.
    Hello,
    isn´t the DVB-Fix from somebody from the MediaPortal-Community?
    Does that make any difference?

Or can we at least make a link in the messagebox where you can download the patch?
    The patch from the community member is nothing else but the latest files as released by microsoft for WindowsXP MCE.

It is only required for WinXP, not for Vista. In Vista the dvb-fix is allready "included".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom