[TV] Include Timeshift Buffer in recording (1 Viewer)

Javelin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2006
    Nth Richmond NSW
    Home Country
    Could anyone advise if there are plans to implement the ability to include the time-shift buffer in a recording.

As it stands at the moment, if you are halfway through a show and decide to start a manual recording, the recording will ONLY start from the moment you press the record button. None of the information already recorded in the timeshift buffer will be included.

It is disappointing this feature is not in the current version of MediaPortal as it used to be in the standalone version and it is a feature available in most other HTPC systems/apps. (Although IMHO none come close to MediaPortal as a complete package)

Could I ask anyone who thinks this feature is a good idea to reply to this post.

Everyone I know who uses MediaPortal agrees that this is a sorely missed feature. Maybe if this thread gets enough activity it might be noticed.

I have searched the forums and the last I can find on this feature were improvements being attempted by gemx in 2010 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/other-features-release-svn-versions-130/step-2-add-already-watched-ts-buffer-recording-81937/index3.html but since his departure it appears nobody has continued the work.

Regards

Javelin:)

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It would be a great feature. Unfortunately the way TVE3 is written makes it difficult to create a 'clean' and robust solution.

We are starting work on TVE4 soon and this will definitely be an included feature from the word go :)

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Javelin

You know this is already availible in the debug section of mediaportal? I dont know how stable it is though.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe /debugoptions

If you run configuration.exe with the above option you will find debug options under the tv section.

regards
    Mylle

EDIT: I guess it stopped working at some point? The option is still in debugoptions though.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It would be a great feature. Unfortunately the way TVE3 is written makes it difficult to create a 'clean' and robust solution.

We are starting work on TVE4 soon and this will definitely be an included feature from the word go :)

Wauv sounds very interesting!!!! :)

karbl058

Portal Member
    September 15, 2010
    Mjölby
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've been using this feature and it works fine as far as I can tell. However, when starting a recording MP only checkes the EPG at the current live time, not the time in the past where I'm watching. So if the next program has started it instead records that program, which is not at all what I wanted. Is there a fix for this?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've been using this feature and it works fine as far as I can tell. However, when starting a recording MP only checkes the EPG at the current live time, not the time in the past where I'm watching. So if the next program has started it instead records that program, which is not at all what I wanted. Is there a fix for this?

OK, That's great! Just a pitty it's hidden like this...
    Anyway, as I understand it the total show is recorded as long as it's in the timeshift buffer. But if in the present time the next show has already begun, it records only that show, not the show you are actually watching (in the timeshiftbuffer).
    ...Does the following work for that:
    - Go to the EPG
    - the next show is highlighted, so it has already started
    - go to the previous show in the EPG (the one you're watching in the timeshiftbuffer) and set that for recording.

Does that record the correct show (the one in the timeshiftbuffer)?

karbl058

Portal Member
    September 15, 2010
    Mjölby
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    - Go to the EPG
    - go to the previous show in the EPG (the one you're watching in the timeshiftbuffer) and set that for recording.

Well, for me it didn't work. The only thing that happened was that I was presented with options when I could record it in the future (which luckily for me was possible). So it doesn't seem to check that it is available in the timeshift buffer.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    - Go to the EPG

Well, for me it didn't work. The only thing that happened was that I was presented with options when I could record it in the future (which luckily for me was possible). So it doesn't seem to check that it is available in the timeshift buffer.

Damn! :) I hoped this would work but I couldn't test it myself.
    This would be an extra point of attention when the improvement is implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom