Indigo tvseries logos problem (1 Viewer)

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After seeing the screenshots of the new Indigo 2.6 skin I wondered "hmmm why have I never seen those logo's before?". The logo's in question are the ones that indicate wether it's a 720p file, 4:3, 5.1 or DTS sound etc.

Went to look why they didn't work and as it seems, the indigo logo's dont work if you do not have monochrome in your skin folder as well. Reason is that the indigo xml files refer to /skins/monochrome/media/ in tons of places.

After putting monochrome in the skins folder as well, the logo's appear, however, they are wrong many times. I have tons of series with most of it 720p material, yet it displays 4:3 and xvid instead.

Is there something wrong with my setup or are the logorules for indigo simply not working well.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ronner, you should also check in the TVSeries configuration that it correctly extracted your Mediainfo by clicking on a episode in the Details tab.

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Itfearme, does this happen a lot that it extracts the wrong mediainfo from episodes? I can't check this right now because I'm at work, but it's not sporadic wrong logo's, it's wrong pretty wrong much most of the time.

If it's the wrong mediainfo then the automatic mediainfo extraction would be very flawed and that's something I don't really believe too much that it would be that wrong all the time.

but ofcourse I will check when I get home! :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If your not using MediaInfo.dll that gets installed with TVSeries then yes it is likely you will get incorrect information imported. Others and myself have noticed issues with Mediainfo in newer versions.

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've replaced the mediainfo.dll with the one that come with the plugin and I've deleted the episodes (not the shows) from the database and made it rescan them. It's now picking up the correct media information, so that's a good thing!

Doesn't change the fact that the indigo skin still refers to image files from the monochrome skin though ;) Something that is easily fixed by either installing monochrome as well, or changing the references in the xml files, though it's still something that should be taken into the next version of indigo as a bugfix.

thx for your help Itfearme!

chrut

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2008
    In Indigo the logo rules are pointing at the wrong path (skin/monochrome/media/logos). Since you have Indigo, change monochrome to indigo, in order to point it to the right map (i.e. skin/indigo/media/logos).

It's not a bug, just human error.

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thx for stating what was obviously already found to be the remaining problem. and it is a bug. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom