[solved] Info/F9 button show option to select upcoming episodes when viewing items in recorded TV (1 Viewer)

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
May 15, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This feature is available in mediaportal 1. In mediaportal 1 Navigate to recorded TV. Press Okay and that gives you a the recorded TV programs. Navigate to an individual item and it must be an individual item not a folder of items. Press the info button. What appears is a new window that has four options on it: play recorded TV, delete recorded TV, upcoming episodes, settings. The one I'm referring to is upcoming episodes. It then shows you a screen which is probably the same screen you would get if you were to run a guide search with the name of the recorded program. There are many ways in which I use this feature and if you need me to I can get into the specifics.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Press the info button.
    In MP2 this would be the menu button on your keyboard (usually next to the Ctrl button), a right-click on your mouse or the Info button on your remote.

The one I'm referring to is upcoming episodes. It then shows you a screen which is probably the same screen you would get if you were to run a guide search with the name of the recorded program.
    Can you check out the Search Program function in the main TV screen if this is what you'd like to see as a result if we added such a function to the episode file menu?

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
    May 15, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In terms of the actual button, I believe it is the F9 key on media portal 1. When I say info, I have a Logitech so it is possible it is mapped to something else. It is the same key that shows the other four options listed or similar options but the option I am requested omitted.

For a better description of the functionality I've included screenshots and This would be the same functionality as media portal 1.17. I find this feature helpful in several cases. One in particular is if I've been recording a particular program for a while and decide I don't want recorded anymore, it's much more efficient to just go directly from here without have to go back out and search and then type the program name. It is also more efficient than going back out and looking for the scheduled programs then resorting and then moving down to the program that you want to cancel.

Example of MP1 Screen
    The following appears after pressing F9
    EppManagmen1.png
    The following screen appears after pressing the enter on the highlighter roll above

EpManagement2.png

Last edited:

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    This is a feature i miss after moving over from WMC. I appreciate there's a search function, but typing is slow to find programmes, so i rarely do it. An upcoming episodes option from the guide menu would be awesome to have back :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From EPG you can use the "extended scheduling" option from program's context menu, there you get a list of all programs on all channels with same title.

From recordings section it's not yet possible but should be easy to add (maybe something for 2.2)

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Well... do you know, I'd never even pushed that option I don't know why, but in my mind "extended scheduling" did something else

That works! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom