'Info/More' Button Action - Streamlining? (1 Viewer)

Karyudo

Portal Member
January 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Started on: 2008-10-19
last update: 2008-10-19

Summary: Proposed consolidation and streamlining of features available from 'Info/More' button, especially in 'Videos'

Description:When watching videos, either from Videos, or MP TVSeries, or Moving Pictures, I often hit the 'Info/More' button on my Windows MCE remote in order to check the time remaining, or the actual clock time, or the title of the TV ep I'm watching -- that kind of thing.

Personally, I'd really like for that button to be an on/off toggle: press the button once, and the OSD comes on; press it again, and it goes away.

Currently, however, pressing the button once brings up the OSD, pressing it again brings up the screen-hogging 'Change Aspect Ratio'/'Back to Previous Menu'/'Bookmarks' page, and a third press turns the OSD off.

I would submit that the second page (the CAR/BPM/B menu) is an almost completely useless page, as (at least in Titanium/Moving Pictures) the Bookmarks are also accessible from the first OSD page, returning to the first page is moot if there's only one page, and thus the only (and very infrequently used?) feature on the second page is 'Change Aspect Ratio'!

Couldn't 'Change Aspect Ratio' be moved onto the first OSD page (along with RW, Play, Pause, FF, Skip, Audio Menu, Video Menu, Subtitles, Date, Time, Day, Time Elapsed, Time Remaining, Video Synopsis, and Progress Bar), eliminating the second menu altogether?

Or, alternatively, couldn't the second screen be made much smaller and less obtrusive? There's no need for it to pop up right in the middle of the screen to show one vaguely-useful option, when the previous screen comes up at the top/bottom and offers nearly a dozen useful options.

Many thanks for your consideration of my proposal!

(My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I did look through all four pages here in this sub-forum, and did run some searches, so I really hope that's enough due diligence...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom