InfoService kills Main Menu if Internet is down (1 Viewer)

Tesla

Portal Pro
January 30, 2009
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Problems:
After starting MP, only the up/down scroll works. Can not enter any sub-menus (with remote or keyboard). Basically, MP does nothing.

Or, after MP is running (and the Internet connection is temporarily lost), the root menu deactivates or partially locks up as above.

MediaPortal.log reports: 2011-07-14 17:23:43.557625 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GraphicContext: NO screen calibration file found for resolution 1440x900!

Note 1: If network connection is restored, MP starts and works fine (with no other actions required).

Apparent Cause:
If InfoService Plugin (for the root menu lower ticker scroll) can not find an Internet connection (when it is programmed to do an update), it prevents the root menu from initializing and operating properly.

Note 2: Instead of the ticker appearing and saying “WAITING” … it is missing completely. The Weather box is also missing.

Temporary Work-Arounds:
1. Disable InfoService

Work-Arounds that don't work completely:
1. Turn off just the InfoService option to update when MP starts. However, if the Internet connection is still not restored by the time it is set to do it’s update … it will lock it up then.

Situations:
1. Internet connection is temporarily down.
2. Setting up MP in office (with Internet service), but moving to new location without Internet service.

Possible Solutions:
1. InfoService could have a time-out delay.
2. MP could have a general Internet time-out delay. Would apply to all Plugins.
3. MP could check for an Internet connection on startup (and respond accordingly). Would apply to all Plugins.

This is with a clean install:
Windows XP SP3 (and all updates)
MP 1.1.3 (and no TV-Server)
StreamedMP-1.5.7.2862.exe
SAF 5.02 (Final) saf502.exe

Doesn’t seem like this would be “by design”. I don’t remember having this problem with older machines I built up. I welcome any better work-around suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom