initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (2 Viewers)

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'd like help in testing with the Hauppuage HD-PVR. I have submitted a patch to the dev team so we should see support for the device in an upcoming SVN build.
Notes:

-STB channel changing via the HD-PVR blaster is not currently supported
-adjusting the capture type (CBR/VBR) and bitrate is not currently supported
-testing with multiple devices has not been performed since I only have one

UPDATE - recording bug has been fixed, attachment has been updated.

UPDATE - rebuilt with latest SVN on October 14th 2008

UPDATE - rebuilt with latest SVN on October 20th 2008

UPDATE - rebuilt with latest SVN on December 22nd 2008

UPDATE - rebuilt with latest SVN on March 26th 2009

MediaPortal-svn_20090326.exe
setup-tve3_20090326.exe

timmy.com

Portal Member
August 3, 2008
Los Angeles
Home Country
You are SO the MAN Garry!

Can't wait to get home and test this. Like I said in the Hauppauge HD PVR thread, I'll test this with two HD-PVRs and two DirecTV H20s using your DirecTVTuneService to change channels. I'm not as worried about the channel changing as I am testing if two of these babies will work with your fix.

Thanks again for your hard work on this and for posting the DirecTVTuneService dlls for me.

I'll post my results later tonight.

-t

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
You are SO the MAN Garry!

It wouldn't have happened without help from DMAN.

Like I said in the Hauppauge HD PVR thread, I'll test this with two HD-PVRs and two DirecTV H20s using your DirecTVTuneService to change channels.

Ok, hopefully things will just work with multiple devices. If not, I'll probably have to tweak the graph building code a bit, shouldn't be too difficult.

I just moved my HD-PVR to my main TV system and I haven't used it for more than a few minutes but things are great so far. It is an Athlon 64 x2 3800+ with 2GB RAM and NVidia 8500GT running at 1920x1080. I'm using the Arcsoft H.264 codec.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Woohoo - you guys rock!!

Can't wait to test this - will do some testing today/tonight!

BTW does this support all the inputs on the HD PVR? (I'll probably do initial testing with s-video if that works...)

I'd also like to make good on my cash contirbution towards your card - can you PM me details - maybe paypal?

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    BTW does this support all the inputs on the HD PVR? (I'll probably do initial testing with s-video if that works...)

I'm not sure, I have only tested the component inputs.

I'd also like to make good on my cash contirbution towards your card - can you PM me details - maybe paypal?

Thanks, but no need. I bought the device for my own use and it was definitely worth it.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Garry,

(Ok - I'll make another donation to MP in your honor then :) )

So - my first issue:

I installed the 20227 SVN - TVService v0.9.2.20227 on Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)

My old Hauppauge PVR-250 works fine - as does everything else but when I attempt to start any input on the HD PVR I get an error - if I'm trying through the MP console it pops up as "Unknown error occured" - from the log:

2008-09-20 20:55:15.238618 [4]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardHDPVR.runGraph(Int32 subChannel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardHDPVR.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)
    Exception :Unable to start graph
    site :Void runGraph(Int32)
    source :TVLibrary
    stacktrace: at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardHDPVR.runGraph(Int32 subChannel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardHDPVR.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

Any ideas?? :)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    OK so I have some testing updates:

The error in the post above seems to be because I (foolishly) allowed Windows to install the driver - when I went back and installed the driver from the CD that Hauppauge sent out this error seemed to go away (which is weird because Windows actually used the driver from the CD as well - there must be something key in the install process).

I now have it working in MP - trying a few more things - another update to follow :)

Another update:

First the good bit: I'm using the IR Server Suite by and-81 to blast my STB using a Microsoft blaster - works perfectly with my HD PVR :)

The less-good bits:

Playback "Glitches" - whilst watching playback I get what I can only really describe as a glitch every 15-20 seconds where playback with "stutter" then keep going...

Quality - the quality is OK generally but I'm wondering what the hard coded bit rate settings are?? (I'm hopeing I can improve on this initial result).

Finally; I also seem to have a fair bit of blur - does anyone know if it's possible to edit the temproal filters?

Some background on my setup:

TV Server: Quad core 2.16Mhz CPU, 4GB ram, RAID 5, Vista Utlimate 32bit SP1
    Network: 1000Mbps copper

Front ends: 5 front ends of various spec all running Vista SP1 - my main front end device for testing is pretty beefy and plays HD DVB-T and blu-ray at full 1080p without any problems at all.

Tested turning on pre-loading for the HD PVR - broke play-back on the client device. Error from log:

2008-09-21 01:25:27.924113 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

Needed to reboot client device to undo...

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hmmm I'm not sure why but it seems I need to have PowerDVD installed on the client device to get the playback to work. It seems the following error is related to that - I had ffdshow installed and selected as the h.264 codec but it only works when I've got PowerDVD also installed.

2008-09-21 01:25:27.924113 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

Garry; just wondering if you could confirm the capture bit rate you coded? Also, did you hard code the FPS or should it sync to the source? (In my case, I'd expect 25fps because I'm in Australia)

At this point my old PVR-250 (s-video) is outputing better picture quality than the HD PVR but I'm sure this is just a matter of tweaking - is anyone else testing? What is your picture quality like??

timmy.com

Portal Member
    August 3, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Home Country
    Garry,

I apologize I was able to get you my results yet. I had a bit of a dynamic hard disk disaster, whilst performing a clean install of Vista, so I could begin testing with a clean slate. It's taken me up until this point to recover about 1TB of data. Now I'm moving all of the recovered data to another disk (basic this time). Once I finish I'm going to clean install Vista, MP and your fixes and I will test. I expect to be finished late tonight, so I shuld get some good testing in tomorrow all day.

PS, like BKCH, I also want to make good on my donation offer. I can paypal it to you or I can donate to MP, which I also plan on doing in any case.

-t

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    BTW - after playing with different codecs and updating the client SVN on my devices I seem to have gotten rid of the "gliches" mentioned in previous posts.

Also - pre-loading the graphs *seems* to be working - although I've had a few failures when switching between channels on DVB-T and the HD PVR - I'll keep testing and updating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom