(Inofficial) New release major updates - NOW WITH SOURCE CODE :) (1 Viewer)

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
UPDATE

Source code attached. Happy programming :)

Better late than never I always say.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

There have been heavy changes to the database structure to support these changes. Your database should be updated to the new format when you first run the configuration without a problem but things can go wrong. Make sure you backup your existing database before running this new version.

WARNING 2 WARNING 2 WARNING 2 WARNING 2 WARNING 2

The file structure for all game artwork has changed. This means that existing game artwork will not appear until moved to the new structure. The file structure is now:
\myEmulators\games\*SYSTEMNAME*\*GAMEID*\BoxBack.jpg
\myEmulators\games\*SYSTEMNAME*\*GAMEID*\BoxFront.jpg
\myEmulators\games\*SYSTEMNAME*\*GAMEID*\IngameScreenshot.jpg
\myEmulators\games\*SYSTEMNAME*\*GAMEID*\TitleScreenshot.jpg
\myEmulators\games\*SYSTEMNAME*\*GAMEID*\Fanart.jpg

SCREENSHOTS (Using supplied streamedmp skin)

System select
attachment.php

Games list view
attachment.php

Games small icons view
attachment.php

Games large icons view
attachment.php

Games filmstrip view
attachment.php

RELEASE NOTES

1. Games in your collection are now retrieved from the database instead of the file system. Useful for people who have roms on removeable disks / network drives that are not always connected.

2. More artwork. - Games can have box front and back covers, title and in-game screenshots and a fanart backdrop. (Supported skin required)

3. Ability to enter company, year, grade, description, logo and fanart for Emulators / systems
attachment.php

4. Front cover / fanart for games will be displayed where available. If not the fanart / logo for the parent system / emulator will be displayed.

5. Added PC as a normal system to allow descriptions / art to be added in same way as other emulators.

6. Support for multiple roms within the same zip / 7zip / rar file AKA GoodMerge support.
-First go into the options section in myemulators config and set the path to your copy of 7z.dll. This should be in your 7zip installation directory. If you dont have 7-zip, download from 7-Zip
-Selecting a game with the play button will use the preferred rules as defined in the emulator config
-Selecting a game with the select/enter button will present a list of all ROMS stored in that games zip/7zip/rar file. You can then manually choose the ROM you want to run. The choice you make will be saved to the database and the next time you select that same game, it will automatically run your saved selection.
-Selecting a game with pause button will clear your previously saved ROM choice for that game and allow you to choose a new one as above.
-Games that only contain a single ROM will run automatically regardless of the button pressed.

7. PDF manuals can be added for systems and individual games. Press F8 while highlighting a item to open the manual in your default PDF viewer.

8. Fixed bug in facade update to load the next games information after scrolling in icon / filmstrip mode.

9. In the config utility removed the separate module for thumbnail upload. All artwork configuration is now done in the emulator / game config screens.

10. System filter added to games database

11. Online lookup - Retrieval of game information / artwork from MobyGames. This system uses the same scraper engine as moving pictures so any interested party can write a xml scraper script for other sites which can be easily integrated into the plugin.

12. Batch update games either manually or via online source. Batch update can be run on all games, only new games or only games with missing data / artwork.
attachment.php

13. Update single games either via online source or local (click O or L button in the game list)

14. Doing online look-up will automatically select the game if only 1 search result is returned. Otherwise you will see a list of matches. Double click on the correct match to download and overwrite existing data if present. To select images, drag and drop the image from the box art / screenshots section on the left over to the box on the right. E.g. find a suitable ingame screenshot in the available images on the left, and drag and drop it into the ingame screenshot box on the right. Images can also be dragged and dropped in this way directly from web pages and from images stored on your hard drive. Press the V button to view the image full size, press X to delete it (nothing will be deleted until the save button is pressed)
attachment.php

15. hulkhaugen's Streamedmp skin updated to use all of the new artwork, information and all views fixed

There are probably other changes that I have forgotten about.

INSTALLATION

1. Download and install the current full version of myemulators.
2. Download this update.
3. Put SevenZipSharp.dll in you main mediaportal directory e.g. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
4. Put myEmulators.dll in the plugins directory e.g. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows
5. If using streamed mp skin, put myEmulators.xml in your skin directory e.g. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP
6. Run the configuration and setup 7z.dll path in options.

THANKS
Chreekar for creating the plugin.
Moving pictures team for the scrapper engine.
hulkhaugen his version of the streamedmp skin

Attachments

• configeditgame.jpg
    configeditgame.jpg
    226.3 KB
  • configemulators.jpg
    configemulators.jpg
    121.2 KB
  • configgameslist.jpg
    configgameslist.jpg
    223 KB
  • gamesfilmstrip.jpg
    gamesfilmstrip.jpg
    211 KB
  • gameslargeicons.jpg
    gameslargeicons.jpg
    238.8 KB
  • gameslist.jpg
    gameslist.jpg
    164.4 KB
  • gamessmallicons.jpg
    gamessmallicons.jpg
    223.1 KB
  • systemselect.jpg
    systemselect.jpg
    127 KB
  • emulators art.zip
    30.6 KB
  • myemulators.zip
    30.6 KB
  • myEmulators-source.rar
    30.7 KB

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know you might not be working on this anymore, but I got an error when I tried to config my emulators in MP config.

EDIT: I got it to work. I installed 3.1.1 again and then copied your files over and it works.

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Prague
Home Country
I knew the database upgrade routines would give me grief :( I have updated the zip in the first post with a version with better error handling in the upgrade process.

BTW when posting error details, its enough in most cases just to post the exception details part of the error. Everything below loaded assemblies I dont need to see :)

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I know you might not be working on this anymore, but I got an error when I tried to config my emulators in MP config.

EDIT: I got it to work. I installed 3.1.1 again and then copied your files over and it works.

same here.
mediaportal has stopped working.
tried 3.1.1 first then copy the files over but the error stays the same.

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Prague
Home Country

same here.

the first step in solving a error is knowing of its symptoms...

what error message?
are you upgrading from a previous version?
what version of media portal?

I wanna help you out but give me something to work with :)

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I got this fully working now, and I have to say that it is amazing! I mean, you have look up of games info and pics, and description of systems, it is spectacular. I was wondering where you got your pics of the systems from? I think they look really good.

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

same here.

the first step in solving a error is knowing of its symptoms...

what error message?
are you upgrading from a previous version?
what version of media portal?

I wanna help you out but give me something to work with :)

You are right :sorry:

I am using version 3.1.1 with the bleazlewide skin.
mp version is 1.0.2
windows 7, x64.

I am doing what you said in post one, copy files in the appropriate folders.
Then When i am going to the mp config screen and press the my emulators plugin and then the config tab, it crashes.
So you get the windows popup (this program has stopped working...)

When i install the 3.1.1 again all is fine.

Hope you got enough info, otherwise ask :D.

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
Windows 7 Pro (x64)
MediaPortal 1.0.1 (SVN 1.0.4.24047)
MyEmulators 1.3.1

Error:
Code:
************** Exception Text **************
SQLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQLiteClient: myEmulators_v2.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:duplicate column name: suspend_mp query:ALTER TABLE Emulators ADD COLUMN suspend_mp char(5)
   at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
   at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
   at myEmulators.DB.init()
   at myEmulators.Plugin.startUp()
   at myEmulators.Plugin.ShowPlugin()
   at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.itemConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This occurs even after a fresh MyEmulators install with everything cleared out including deleting the previous database. The error happens as soon as I try to go into the MyEmulators configuration utility. MyEmulator's loads up fine without your modded files in place so it's definitely somehow related :/. I got so happy because I've been dying for new 7zip support with the newer tech that is out... I hope this works out for me lol.:(

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Prague
Home Country
All these problems are down to the same thing - Database upgrade. First post has been updated with a new version to hopefully squash the issue.

Atreides - Glad you like it :) I got the system art from all over the place. First post updated with the art for the systems I use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom