Install Error 1628: Installation Fails (1 Viewer)

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I keep getting this error everytime I try to upgrade to 0.8.440, as well as 0.8.435. However I have managed to upgrade to 0.7.409 from an earlier release.

I understand this to be a generic error code, has something changed in the way the .exe is compiled between 0.7409 and later releases?

FYI: Using Vista 64-bit, latest MP 1.0.1 stable

Many Thanks for any help.

venares

Portal Member
    November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Turn of your anti-virus.
    I also get this issue when I have Kaspersky running, turn it off for 5 minutes and voila.

donmerlinus

Portal Member
    August 6, 2005
    Re: Streamed MP v1.3.0 Stable [25 Aug 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0]

Hi,

thanks for your very nice skin. I loce it since months.

But I have a problem with the new Version. I had 1.2x installed and updated per MePo-UI. If I installed 1.3 the installer aborted with error "1628: Failed to complete installation". Then I tried to deinstall the previous version but there was the same error. Now I deleted all files in temp from win7. But it did not help.

How can I install 1.3 now or deinstall 1.2?

Thanks in advance.
    DonMerlinus

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If the above posts dont help donmerlinus, try re-download the corresponding v1.2.x version (from the googlecode site) and run that. See if it can be removed/repaired. we can go from there if it doesnt work.

Please also mention if Kaspersky is installed.

donmerlinus

Portal Member
    August 6, 2005
    Hi ltfearme,

thanks for your help, but it didn't work. If I want to install the previous version, the installer breaks with the same error. The installer doesn't show the screen to modify, repair or delete this skin. Is there a log-file from the installer? Can I replace the files in the skin-directory manually or can I upgrade 1.2x to 1.3 via MePo-GUI?

Thanks in advance.

DonMerlinus

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can explain how to manually remove it donmerlinus but need to know the exact version you have installed? There is a log file (atleast I think its enabled...would be in %temp%).

EDIT: nevermind about letting me know the version, I will list all steps and possibly create a tool to manually remove the skin if this happens again.

donmerlinus

Portal Member
    August 6, 2005
    Hi,

I installed the latest version within MePo-GUI. And this is v1.2.1 r1679.

I'll look at my temp-dir if I am back home in the evening. Perhaps I find that log-file.

DonMerlinus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom