Install iPIMP on an IIS-Server? (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yes - I use IIS7 for dev/test purposes.

The process is not fully documented but if we use this thread to get a working set of instructions I'll update the wiki with them.

So to begin with I think you'll need to:

1. Run the iPiMP installer, select 'advanced' install and tick 'iPiMP web files', 'iPiMP transcode TV server plugin' and 'iPiMP MediaPortal client remote control plugin' (assuming you have TV Server, MP Client and IIS7 all installed on the same machine.)
  2. Create a new website in IIS and point it to the location of the iPiMP web files
  3. Create a virtual directory called TVLogos pointed to the location of the local TV logos
  4. Create a virtual directory called MP4 pointed to the shared location of your transcoded MP4s
  5. Update the app pool to run in 32bit mode

Give that a go and see what works/doesn't work.

Thanks

t-herweg

Portal Pro
May 27, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Install iPIMP on an IIS-Server?

thanks, but i've got a problem: How can I update the app pool?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: AW: Install iPIMP on an IIS-Server?

Find the app pool your site is running in, right click, select Advanced and change 'Enable 32-Bit Applications' to True.

jtaivalmaki

January 2, 2011
Home Country
Finland Finland

The process is not fully documented but if we use this thread to get a working set of instructions I'll update the wiki with them.

1. Run the iPiMP installer, select 'advanced' install and tick 'iPiMP web files', 'iPiMP transcode TV server plugin' and 'iPiMP MediaPortal client remote control plugin' (assuming you have TV Server, MP Client and IIS7 all installed on the same machine.)
  2. Create a new website in IIS and point it to the location of the iPiMP web files
  3. Create a virtual directory called TVLogos pointed to the location of the local TV logos
  4. Create a virtual directory called MP4 pointed to the shared location of your transcoded MP4s

Thanks

Hi! I'm hittin a wall here. Maybe I'm too tired to undestand or I'm blind or dumb... or all above :confused:
I've got the Windows Home Server Vail RC, so that means OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit and IIS7. I did the install with the above instructions and got to the login screen. After I try to login with admin or demo, I get /iPhone/Login.aspx page open as a text only as the attachment included.

About the setup. I use the WHS Vail 64bit, MSSQL2008R2 64bit, Web browser is Chrome

Also tried Nokia C7 default browser but in login screen there is only background pic, nothing else.
Nokia C7 and Opera mini I get the same as with Laptop+Chrome:
Code:
<div class="iMenu" id="waError"><div class="iBlock" ><h3>!! FUBAR !!</h3><p style="color:maroon;font-weight:bold">Attempt to write a read-only database
attempt to write a readonly database</p><p style="color:red;word-wrap:break-word;background-color:#ffffcc">   at Website.uWiMP.TVServer.SQLiteMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\Code\Misc\SQLiteMembershipProvider.vb:line 1100 ... etc etc

Please, point me to the right direction :sorry:

Attachments

• login.txt
    2.5 KB

BreFra

April 24, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Thanks

Hi! I'm hittin a wall here. Maybe I'm too tired to undestand or I'm blind or dumb... or all above :confused:
I've got the Windows Home Server Vail RC, so that means OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit and IIS7. I did the install with the above instructions and got to the login screen. After I try to login with admin or demo, I get /iPhone/Login.aspx page open as a text only as the attachment included.

About the setup. I use the WHS Vail 64bit, MSSQL2008R2 64bit, Web browser is Chrome

Also tried Nokia C7 default browser but in login screen there is only background pic, nothing else.
Nokia C7 and Opera mini I get the same as with Laptop+Chrome:
Code:
<div class="iMenu" id="waError"><div class="iBlock" ><h3>!! FUBAR !!</h3><p style="color:maroon;font-weight:bold">Attempt to write a read-only database
attempt to write a readonly database</p><p style="color:red;word-wrap:break-word;background-color:#ffffcc">   at Website.uWiMP.TVServer.SQLiteMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\Code\Misc\SQLiteMembershipProvider.vb:line 1100 ... etc etc

Please, point me to the right direction :sorry:

I got the same error. In my case the "IIS_IUSRS" account didn't had modify permissions at the "..\App_Data" folder. After changing the permissions it worked for me :)

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
Hi,

I'm trying to get iPimp (5.2.0.821) to work on IIS but I get the following error:

Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SocketException (0x2740): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted]
System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) +5389626
System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP) +205
System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family) +190
System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port) +6
Website.Global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\Global.asax.vb:19

[HttpException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted]
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +2722614
System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +128
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +188
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +295
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetPipelineApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +56
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +231

[HttpException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8897503
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +333

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
Hi,

I'm trying to get iPimp (5.2.0.821) to work on IIS but I get the following error:

Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Problem solved - I hadn't set up the virtual directories for the logos.

R

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008

Thanks

I'm trying to do this, but those options are all greyed out?

Users who are viewing this thread