Install Question (1 Viewer)

Vomish

October 25, 2005
Hello

I was wondering if I can install MP on a p3-800? I know this is lower than the reqs but...

Also, I did try to install it on the p3 system but I get the following error:

"Error reading from file I:\NDL\PVR\MediaPortal_0.1.3_Setup\Setup.msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

The file does exist and, yes, I can access it. FYI, I have downloaded it several times from different North American mirrors.

Is this error because of the p3 cpu (can't imagine it would be but...)?

Thanks!

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Country flag
    You will be able to install it, it just wont run as nice. It seems to be a problem on your computer with it locating the .msi file.

Try moving the folder to your C drive perhaps and if worse comes to worse just run the msi file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI monitor instead of the old tiny VGA monitor it was hooked up to for testing and it worked fine. So must have been something related to that old monitor or drivers or whatever. Haven't yet checked to see if...
    Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI...
    *Update Recordings do work and I can view them from the folder but can't thru the client. Link for "system specs" isn't working...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, I am trying to use MediaPortal server in a multiseat configuration, using kodi with the MediaPortal tv clients. in a singleseat configuration on the MediaPortal server it works fine, but when trying to access it from another computer, the client tries to read a non-existing timeshift file on the remote timeshift share...
    Hello, I am trying to use MediaPortal server in a multiseat configuration, using kodi with the MediaPortal tv clients. in a...
    Hello, I am trying to use MediaPortal server in a multiseat configuration, using kodi with the MediaPortal tv clients. in a...
    Replies
    Views
    Setup logs needed. Something is not getting automatically installed on your system. You can use the setuplogging.bat to run the installer. This will create a very detailed log of all install activities.
    Setup logs needed. Something is not getting automatically installed on your system. You can use the setuplogging.bat to run the...
    Error: Service MediaPortal 2 Server Service (MP2-Server) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start...
    Replies
    Views
    After uninstalling MySQL make sure you delete the MySQL folders in Program Files/Program Files (x86) and Program Data (if you do not see the Program Data folder you need to change the view to see hidden folders). A full reinstall of MP should then work
    After uninstalling MySQL make sure you delete the MySQL folders in Program Files/Program Files (x86) and Program Data (if you do...
    Hi I am running MediaPortal 1.2.3.0 as I am used to using it and found a newer version more difficult to use so I prefer not to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom