Install TV Plugin for TV Server (1 Viewer)

fetzbraun

Portal Member
July 30, 2005
I comiled the TV Server and TV Plugin and folowed the documentation for istallation. After installation the TV Server service runns and i found all the channels...
But when i am running mediaportal setup and select Plugins. I got the Error-Message :

TVServer.Tv Plugin is not compatible with this version?

What is the right version?

Thanks for help

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Like all other source code of MP the new engine is already in SVN, so anyone who knows how to work with SVN and compile it themselves can do so. But, it's a little too early to already start with support for it...

Kind regards,
    Michel

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a note: It is NOT available in the SVN builds downloadable from the server, it's a seperate SVN branch.

As scoop said before we're gonna support it later. Until then it's use at your own risk and find out how it works. It's way too early to be able to support it. So we cannot answer those questions from the first post yet.

Rule of thumb: Latest, latest, latest SVN. Not much more to say about it, sorry.

So please people, don't ask for availability, you'll notice progress on our homepage. We don't have more information on it anyway. If you wanna use it from your couch, you'll most probably fail with the current point of development. As the thread starter did...

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    I comiled the TV Server and TV Plugin and folowed the documentation for istallation. After installation the TV Server service runns and i found all the channels...
    But when i am running mediaportal setup and select Plugins. I got the Error-Message :

TVServer.Tv Plugin is not compatible with this version?

What is the right version?

Thanks for help

You need to be running the lastest svn of the regular Mediaportal for the Tv V3 to work

//Lasse

fetzbraun

Portal Member
    July 30, 2005
    I compiled the TV Server and TV Server Plugin from HEAD 22:00 yesterday night. I tried the TV Server Plugin with the mediaportal from this source. I also tried the Mediaportal 2.04 with latest svn-build.

Steps to reproduce:

1. install the TV Server Plugin in c:\team mediaportal\mediaportal\
    2. start mediaportal setup
    3. Select plugins

The error message appears.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You might try building MP yourself and using that version. Otherwise just take the very current svn, there were some changes yesterday in the handling of config that also broke my plugin.

fetzbraun

Portal Member
    July 30, 2005
    I do so (compiling mediaportal from source). Would be bad luck if there was a bug yesterday night.

Thanks for help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom