Installation fail 1.1.0B (1 Viewer)

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
One click installation of 1.1.0 BETA results in the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• FAIL.jpg
    FAIL.jpg
    219 KB

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Its telling you that (for some reason) it was unable to download one of the files it needs to install. If this error repeats itself you can download the file itself, then do a search on your system drive for a temp folder called 'deploy'. Place the file in the 'Mediaportal Installation\deploy' folder and mediaportal will skip trying to download it and install it.

In XP the path is \Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\Deploy

this will differ in Vista and W7 but you get the idea

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    It turned out to be a DNS problem affecting download.microsoft.com in general. I did more or less exactly what you said except I downloaded and installed the prerequisites manually.

I think the setup should fail more gracefully in this situation and a "Retry" option would be aces.

Cheers
    Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/5154-mediaportal-1-x64-sharpdx.140955/ Attached as extension.zip in first post.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/5154-mediaportal-1-x64-sharpdx.140955/ Attached as extension.zip in first post.
    I installed the x64 1.32 Version and eveything seems fine. But where are the MovingPictures and MP-TVSeries Plugins? I can still...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    I just updated from 2.4. Update did not conserve my channels or epg plug-in or anything, looks like, which of course was a...
    Replies
    Views
    That’s not possible, MP2 is not YouTube. There are several skins with different appearance and skin settings. I really recommend you check the wiki first. Most things you ask are documented. PS: A thumbnail should be shown if named correctly (see wiki again) and recognized by the importer. But it will be located within the OSD bar...
    That’s not possible, MP2 is not YouTube. There are several skins with different appearance and skin settings. I really recommend...
    Here is the video in screenshot, but when I click video nothing happened.
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom