Installation of the TV Server fails for Turkish version of the Windows XP and Vista (1 Viewer)

rhoq

March 25, 2009
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3 Wide
Windows Version: XP SP3, Vista SP1 Turkish
CPU Type: Intel Core2 Duo E6850
HDD: WD320AKS
Memory: 2GB PC3200
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35
Video Card: Radeon HD3870
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.3
Sound Card: Realtek HD
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Skystar HD2
1. TV Card Type: DVB/S
1. TV Card Driver: 1.2
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Installation of the TV server fails on Turkish version of the Vista and XP systems. The default Schema Name field is not
auto-filled when entering the TV server configuration. On a SQL-Server System setup, the database name is not processed correctly (passed empty). "create database !empty!" and "use !empty!" statements fail with syntax errors as logs suggest. After executing these queries by hand, entering the tv server configuration is possible however adding the TV card to db fails again. Changing the regional setting to English corrects the empty default schema name bug (on select db form) and empty database name bug but TV card and its settings still fail. Media Portal with a SQL Server setup is unusable on a Turkish system.

On a Mysql setup default schema name is not auto filled as well. Entering a name and hitting the test button fails with a
syntax error on the connection string. After further execution I found out that the connection string is converted to lower case and that fails as:
There are two 'I's in Turkish. (I hope the forum is utf) One is the 'I' > lower case 'ı' and the other is the 'İ' > lower case 'i'. So converting the user ID to lowercase results 'user ıd' in a connection string which fails with a syntax error. Converting regional settings to English corrects these bugs and only after that media portal is usable in a Turkish system.

All the story is reproducible in both XP and Vista systems. I can't provide logs as I don't have internet connection at home (I just moved in :)) and after numerous install uninstall attempts the logs are probably deleted. I guess changing the locale to Turkish will reproduce all I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom