Installed new tv-tuner, problem with scheduled recordings and sometimes live-tv (1 Viewer)

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel P4 3.0ghz
    HDD: one for system (>100gb available), one for media files (>1tb available)
    Memory: 2gb
    Motherboard: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
    Video Card: ATI 4650 AGP
    Sound Card: OnBoard motherboard
    1. TV Card: Technotrend C-1501
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.0.23
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video SP Decoder (PDVD9)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDshow audio decoder (?)
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder (PDVD9)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: YouSee Denmark
    Remote: Logitech DiNovo Mini
    TV: Samsung LCD 40" N71
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Recently I exchanged my analogue Hauppauge tv-tuner with a new Technotrend C-1501 DVB-C tuner. I removed the Hauppauge card from the computer and it is not used anymore.
    I have tuned all the tv-channels and of course mapped them to the DVB-C card. Going from analogue to digital is amazing.
    However, I experience some strange errors and I suspect they are related to the old Hauppauge analogue tv-tuner, perhaps not being completely removed from MediaPortal.
    I have removed the Hauppauge card from TV-setup --> TV-server.

If I make a clean restart of the computer, I can manually start live-tv in MediaPortal and watch what I want - or record anything. I can change channels and everything seems to work. The problem starts when the computer wakes up from sleep mode - for example to record a tv-show. It actually looks like it is recording and creates an XML-file - but there are no TS-files being created.
    If I try to start the recording later on, I just get an error message saying "Unable to start graph - audio codec:"
    Of course I can understand MP can't play a file that is non-existent :)
    If I start live-tv after waking up from sleep mode, I get an error message saying "Unable to start timeshifting. No signal".

To troubleshoot, I go into TV-setup --> Manual Control and start timeshifting. If the computer is recently restarted, it works. If the computer has been "sleeping" it fails. If I stop the service and then start the service, timeshifting works again - until the computer goes back to sleep.

I am sure this is just a stupid little error caused by some magic/missing checkbox, but which one?

Any help is very much appreciated, thank you.

Logs are attached from today.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    With new hardware such as a tv tuner change, really would dump the sql database and start again, I would also go as far as running Ccleaner\registry to remove any old mentions of the original card as well, just in case.

This can really save on future headaches trying to figure out what was wrong.

Use TV-Server/install-SQL-Management-Studio - MediaPortal Manual Documentation to drop the db.

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you for your advice P.D.
    I am not that familiar with SQL Management Studio. I do have Studio Express installed - but the exact steps to dump the db is not something I am sure on how to accomplish - unless by dumping you mean simply delete the database.
    I followed your link, but there is not really that much info there :)
    Could you please tell me what I should do?

I will definitely give CCleaner a shot tonight.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Use the same login sa, password "MediaPortal", then go to the tv.db and right click and select drop\delete database, its best to shut down tvservice whilst doing this (task manager).

Reboot and you should then be able t configure everything a new, without any problems from the old card arising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom