Installer Compatible with 1.2 Beta and 1.2 RC? (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is it possible to generate an installer that works for both 1.2 Beta and 1.2 RC? Maybe I have the version number for the MediaPortal dependency wrong but setting the required minimum version to 1.1.5.0 does not work. Things install fine on RC but on a 1.2 Beta system it claims the dependency check failed.

Also it seems that changing the max required MediaPortal version number does not "stick". It is always reverted to 1.1.6.27644. Can anyone explain this?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well Guzzi helped me with a work around. To any other developers looking for a solution you can modify your xmp2 file manually and set your dependency to only trigger a warning. This is not something you are able to do in the GUI.

Code:
<WarnOnly>true</WarnOnly>

This is not ideal because a warning message will still be displayed on 1.2 Beta. Additionally the installer will probably work on any version of MediaPortal totally circumventing the version dependency system... But if you have an existing MPEI installer and want to make it work on both 1.2 Beta and 1.2 RC this appears to be the only solution. :/

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
I encountered a Problem Today that just might Be caused by me not understanding correctly how it Works. MPEI tells me, that the Version of some Plugins is Not compatible with mine and it saß that the Plugins have max Version 1.6.6.27644 and it also saß, that i have version 1.6.6.27644.
It just won't let me install those Plugins.
Is max Version Number the lowest Version Not Supportes? Or is it the highes still Supported One? I guess it is the First Case, isn't it? Where is the mistake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom