Instant play does not work (1 Viewer)

ejb

December 30, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi -

Hey did anyone ever figure this one out? I have a similar problem.

Thanks.

Ejb

Valdemar

Portal Member
February 16, 2008
Home Country
Subscribing. Instant play is inconsistent as of a couple of weeks ago. Some movies play, but series don't. Also UI hangs occasionally. May be related to recent changes to Netflix subscription plans.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey guys,
    Yes, Netflix is changing their API it seems constantly. All the Series info has changed, along with a lot of other small 'fixes' that have not been updated in 1.3. I hope within the next month to get out a new version.

If someone is interested, I can pass along the 1.3 code if they want to maintain it? I am immersed in the 2.0 at the moment and have very little time to work on much else.

Thanks...

Wile E.

bornslippy

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    so probably right now I will just use netflix out in the other room till 2.0 comes out. its strange that i had it working on one of my htpcs but not on my other. do you think it would matter between Win7 Ult & Win7 Pro? This was a great plugin and the changelogs for 2.0 look like it still will be, keep up the good work i know programming is a bitch at times.

wizard43

Portal Member
    September 4, 2010
    Home Country
    I have done lots of software development, but nothing in MP. What would I need to work on the 1.3 code? I would love to get this working better. I understand that chasing a moving target (Netfilx API) is frustrating.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Hey guys,
    Yes, Netflix is changing their API it seems constantly. All the Series info has changed, along with a lot of other small 'fixes' that have not been updated in 1.3. I hope within the next month to get out a new version.

If someone is interested, I can pass along the 1.3 code if they want to maintain it? I am immersed in the 2.0 at the moment and have very little time to work on much else.

Thanks...

Wile E.

bornslippy

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    I have done lots of software development, but nothing in MP. What would I need to work on the 1.3 code? I would love to get this working better. I understand that chasing a moving target (Netfilx API) is frustrating.

Thanks,
    Wayne

If you could help out that would be great! I had it working once on my HTPC in the family room but that was it. I have tried a lot of different things to get it to play a movie or tv episode but no luck. Now I can browse through it, that's one thing I have always been able to do. But the HTPC in the bedroom no luck, and that is where I need it the most since I bought the new Sony TV with Google TV, which pretty much takes place of my HTPC out in the living room.

Thank you for any help you can give WileE I know he has been working hard on it. This is one of the better plugins for MP just if it stays stable it will be in the top 3 behind TV-Series & Moving Pictures (I have a lot of TV Shows & Movies)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom