Integrate Secret Rabbit Code (libsamplerate) resampling? (1 Viewer)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi.

First I must thank you Symphy for this PureAudio plugin, it's what MP was missing to be a top-quality music player in addition to an already top-convenience one!

I have a question/feature request regarding future development (I have read that you are working on major revision).
    I know it's easier for all MP development to use the BASS library features as much as possible, but do you think it would be possible to use the Secret Rabbit Code (aka libsamplerate, Secret Rabbit Code (aka libsamplerate)) resampling library instead of the BASSmix one?
    I could not find much info about BASSmix algorithm, but SRC has been praised for its very high, pricey pro audio software-matching quality since the 0.1.3 release, and some people even find that their music sounds better on their equipment when they resample everything to 192 KHz with it using ReClock (see SlySoft forum).
    While I'm far from having golden ears, and certainly don't want to start audiophile debates on this forum, I'm thinking more from another point of view: that the DSP programs for room correction, dynamic equalization, etc. present in the modern receivers might (should?) work better on higher sample rate data (once again, this is a hot subject, but music is definitely better on my system with these features on than off for example). So if integrating the SRC library would be possible, could we also get an option to fix an arbitrary samplerate, instead of having 48 KHz as the limit as it's the case now?

Anyway, using a higher quality resampling might benefit everyone that need it I think.:)

Thanks for you nice work!

kyselym

July 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi, any news on this topic?

I would really appreciate hi-quality resampling to 24bit/192kHz for BASS player with asio or wasapi exlusive output. I can resample the rest with FFDShow filter, but for music I have to use Foobar with SoX resampler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom