Integration of the "Online Videos" plugin (1 Viewer)

The "Online Videos" plugin should be integrated in MP by default?

• Yes

Votes: 81 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Yes, but only if/when....

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
A plugin that is a serious addition to MP is the "Online Videos" plugin that allows you to watch videos from the well known streaming video websites (like youtube, google video, tec.).

This plugin represents the future of an important part of the 'broadcasting future'.
Right now it's a bit to complicated to install and make it function correctly, for new users. That's why it has my vote to have it integrated permanently. This would ensure the maintenance of the plugin and secures confrontation with the plugin for new users, which will stimulate further development.

Please let know how you think about this and explain why.

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I fully agree, online broadcasting is the way of the future for media and the Online Videos plugin is an excellent plugin for MediaPortal!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And when I say integrated, I mean integrated!

Why have a different interface for TV of the Air (Cable, Space) and Radio or Streams of Audio or Streams of Video???

Basically this should all work the same. I might decide I want to hear / see music and I often do not care if the music is from Radio, MP3, stream or even along with Video or on MTV...

Well, a perfect world ....

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well, I believe that far more plugins should be included in MP by default - same goes for skins. I know this might cause trouble with SVN-updates, but it would benefit those that don't know how to install/add new features and skins.

My suggestion for next release (0.2.3.0) is to release two different DLs:

- MediaPortal - Full: Including all working skins and plugins at release time - for the average-joe.

- MediaPortal Lite: Only B2 and minimal plugins. For users of SVN, "power-users" and control freaks :)

KeesVDP

Portal Member
    May 2, 2006
    I think this is a must for MediaPortal. I think that even the Democracy Player could be incorporated, or at least be able to add Democracy Player channels, which are just rss feeds. That way you wouldn't have to bend over backwards to add a feed, as long as it works with the Democracy Player.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes I am am all for this, Also since online-videos is quite high maintenance it would be good to have more dev responsible for the up keep. I truly think Online-videos is the best part of media portal.

Regards

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Online Videos is a great plugin with limitless potential!

Even just Youtube access is great for so many reasons.

I dont know what integration would do other than what its doing right now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom