[Rejected] Integration with FFDShow (1 Viewer)

albain

Portal Member
December 19, 2006
Paris
Home Country
France France
Hi,

I am a developer from FFDShow team and I would like to submit this patch (based on MPC-HC subtitles engine patch)

I developed a similar solution for media center (Media Control plugin if you know it)

This patch brings the following features
  • Subtitles streams switching with support of ISubengine interface like MPC engine
  • External subtitle files : listing and selection
  • Postprocessing engine : if ffdshow is loaded a new context menu is proposed (postprocessing) to enable/disable crop, resize, deinterlace...
  • Posprocessing engine : the OSD menu is also updated. In the video OSD menu you will see trackbars to raise/decrease H/V crop and enable the postprocessing filters
  • FFDShow interfaces are now integrated into Media Portal in C# .Net code. No need to have a C++ wrapper dll and you have access to all the settings/features inside
  • The configuration UI will check after FFDShow setup and will display a red label if it is not installed or if the installed revision is below the expected one

Today the ffdshow subtitles engine is the most advanced one (full bluray subtitles support, ASS/SSA2, SRT with tags and karaoke...)
Concerning postprocessing, I hope to add a few more filters to enable/disable and set from the OSD video menu

Requirements
  • FFDShow 32 bits (installt it from ffdshow | Get ffdshow at SourceForge.net) revision 3463 or greater
  • Enable FFDShow subtitle engine in MP settings (video section)
  • Enable FFDShow to play the video formats you want (H264, Xvid,...)
  • Optional : if you have StreamedMP, replace videoOSD.xml with the one in attachment in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin. This will update the video OSD menu. My patch updates the Blue skin (non wide) only

How to use
Using context menu
  • Play a video
  • Right click to raise the context menu : you should see a subtitles menu and a postprocessing menu
  • Subtitles menu : select a subtitle stream or external subtitle file detected by FFDShow
  • Postprocessing menu : enable or disable postprocessing filters

Using OSD menu
  • Play a video
  • Press y to raise the OSD menu. The features are located inside subtitles or video
  • Subtitles menu : select a subtitle stream or external subtitle file detected by FFDShow, increase/decrease subtitle delay
  • Postprocessing menu : enable or disable postprocessing filters, raise/decrease horizontal/vertical crop to remove black bars for example

Localization : messages are up to date in English and French

(Updated 6/30/2010) Link to a test build

Tell me what you think about it

*EDIT* : patch updated 6/30/2010

Damien

Attachments

• cap1.PNG
    cap1.PNG
    185 KB
  • cap2.PNG
    cap2.PNG
    303.6 KB
  • cap3.PNG
    cap3.PNG
    338.8 KB
  • videoOSD.xml
    21.4 KB
  • mediaportal_ffdshow_patch8.diff
    306.1 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
albain:

Great work.
One of reason i wanted add keyboard strem switching in to FFDshow was becouse MePo - do you have any idea why it is still not working (for example in Graphstudio?)

albain

Portal Member
December 19, 2006
Paris
Home Country
France France
Hi

it should work as long as you enable keyboard commands from ffdshow. I brought a recent fix to the keyboard hook

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I would like to say a very big thank you to albain for made this dream on :)
    I go to test :) youhou :) Thanks man :)
    It's really a good implementation :)
    I hope that the team look at it seriously :)

Cheers,
    Seb.

EDIT: User that have test this patch : i have some issue (when selecting sub with key "L" or remote) but not when i go to F9 or right click, MP crash here, do you have the same ?
    Thanks,

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Quite nice patch. I did have only a quick look on the patch, but hopefully our C# devs will have a deeper look into it soon. On a brief check I noticed that you have 4 spaces in Visual Studio / text editor setting for the intends.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    External audio tracks detection will be nice too :)

albain

Portal Member
    December 19, 2006
    Paris
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi again,

I have fixed the bug pointed out by Sebastii as well as the indentation issues

I uploaded a new patch and a modified videoOSD.xml skin file (for StreamedMP)

Edalex : audio streams switching is already implemented in MP AFIAK ?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    albain: only internal streams

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi again,

I have fixed the bug pointed out by Sebastii as well as the indentation issues

I uploaded a new patch and a modified videoOSD.xml skin file (for StreamedMP)

@Edalex : audio streams switching is already implemented in MP AFIAK ?

Hi,
    It's works great :)
    Big thank you :)

@albain: only internal streams

It depends of splitter you use, for MPC Matroska (.mkv) the splitter output each audio that have in the MKV, so you have to use FFDShow Audio Stream Switcher option and MP handle it really good.

The splitter for .m2ts works like in Haali works and he output only one output, the selection is made in Splitter with IAMStreamSelect and MP handle it too :).

@Koenig : FFDshow use .sup file too :)

Seb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom