Intel dc3217iye as MePo Client (1 Viewer)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    mounted it on the back of your TV?

Nope, mine sits below the TV kind of cramped but the rear have open space to let heat out. Now it's gotten a bit warmer, been playing a little over 2 hrs 720p live tv and is now at 62c.

receiverbox

Portal Member
    March 17, 2013
    Regensburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The only downside to this is the USB is 2.0

Personally I wouldn't use it as a TV Server as there are only 3 USB slots and you need one for a USB IR device.

Well, I think as a pure server, any Core-i-CPUs is oversized. I am currently to some research on MediaPortal on a Atom D2800. I currently struggle some hardware issues, but software in general seems to work. If you speak some german, read more on my blog.[DOUBLEPOST=1363762683][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Argh I'm struggling to find a microsoft compatible receiver for some reason. Don't suppose you know of anywhere in the UK to order one which isn't going to need irss or anything..
    Have a look at Zotac's solution and just combine it with a wireless keyboard - that's how I did it. All Of-The-Shelf-Player with nice Remote Control so far turned out to be not a perfect solution, for some reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom