Interesting TVServer hardware issue - for information only. (1 Viewer)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TVServer [dedicated headless Atom based unit] stopped recording a little while ago - took me a while to work it out it had stopped, as I don't record much and assumed the missing recordings were down to me not actually scheduling them [as so many of my problems arise in gap between thinking and doing:censored:, as the live TV & DVB broadcast guide were fine, and I knew nothing changed in several weeks [since MePo 1.15 installed] and no updates [Win 7 64bit Pro] or even a reboot.

Finally got down to looking at it today , finding 'no free tuner' reported in logs. So - if in doubt, lets try turning it off and on again [all the way down and not just reboot].

Well, unit then failed to boot - on checking psu brickette, it was cycling between about 8 and 15 volts at 0.2 hertz [usefully the LED pulsed making it fairly obvious 1st check point:cool:

Replaced PSU [actually a cut&solder of another PSU to existing cable end - ], all good on reboot - recordings 100%.

Guessing the PSU was stable enough for operations until I did a hard power cycle but was not allowing the unit to provide enough oomph for recording [old KWorld Dual DBV USB tuner:whistle:

So, proof if needed that hardware can be just as bizarre as software:eek:

TTFN - JCMP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom