interface for NON-GUI plugins (1 Viewer)

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

On request i created a (simple) interface for non-gui plugins
    its located in guilib/iplugin.cs and has the following interface
    Code:
    namespace MediaPortal.GUI.Library
    {
    	public interface IPlugin
    	{
                 void Start();
                 void Stop();
    	}
    }

When Mediaportal i starting it will look in the folder plugins/proces for dll's implementing this interface. When it finds them the plugin will be loaded and the Start() method will be called
    When Mediaportal is stopping the Stop() method will be called

Furthermore the plugin can/may implement the ISetupForm interface
    to appear in the setup so users can enable/disable the plugin

Frodo

jadz

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2004
    Canada
    Frodo,

As far as I can tell, Media Portal is not looking in the plugins/process folder for plugins that have the ISetupForm interface, only the IPlugin interface.

What this means is that if you install a plugin that has the ISetupForm interface in the plugin/process folder, it will not show up in the list of plugins to configure.

The current work around for this in 0.0.0.9 is to install the plugin to both the plugins/process and the plugins/windows folder.

The actual plugin is run from the plugin/process folder, but to get it to show up in the configuration window (and get to the plugins setup screens) you have to have a copy in the plugins/windows folder too.

I have tested this to be the case with 0.0.0.9 and my WinLIRC Plugin (BETA TESTING).

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    Will this also work when I put it into the folder plugins/windows?

I need a combined process/windows plugin.
    It seems that I have to put the non-gui plugin into the process folder and the gui plugin into the windows folder. The thing is that I actually want to use only one assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom