intermittent - INFO button not functioning (not hardware issue) (1 Viewer)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortal Version: 1.10 Final
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP1.3.0.1800
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ult 64bit
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.9
    HDD: Seagate 1TB
    Memory: 4GB DDR2 800
    Motherboard: Asus P5P41D
    Video Card: Nvidia GT220 PCIE
    1. TV Card: Avermedia A700
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Avermedia A706
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Optus 160
    Remote: MCE Remote
    TV: Sony 40" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI

Hello

While watching TV or Recorded Shows, sometimes, the Info button when pressed on the MCE remote, makes the mediaportal sound that the key was depressed, but does not present the OSD

This only started happening the last month or so

This happens bacially daily, it works a few times, then stops, until i restart Mediaportal

the mediaportal.log has entires such as below when it stops working and i press the Info button on the remote

2010-08-28 09:52:31.364209 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: OSD:ON
    2010-08-28 09:52:31.368209 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: OSD.SetRecorderStatus = False
    2010-08-28 09:52:31.370209 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.Player.Subtitles.DirectVobSubEngine.get_Delay()
    at TvPlugin.TvOsd.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    at TvPlugin.TvFullScreen.ShowMainOSD()
    at TvPlugin.TvFullScreen.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
    2010-08-28 09:52:31.370209 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2010-08-28 09:52:31.371209 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: site :Int32 get_Delay()
    2010-08-28 09:52:31.371209 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: source :Core
    2010-08-28 09:52:31.371209 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: stacktrace: at

Full Logs are attached

Does anyone know how i can solve this?

thanks!

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    FYI as soon as I stop tv or recorded show the info button works correctly again in all other mp plugins and screens, just not tv and recorded shows sometimes

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK i am now able to replicate this bug at will

I can replicate this in Debug mode so i now know its nothing to do with my skins and plugins

To replicate:

Load Mediaportal
    Go into TV
    TV Guide
    Choose a TV Station, Play
    Press Info Button (OSD pops up as normal)
    Stop TV
    Go Into myVideos
    Play something (i was playing avi files)
    Stop Video
    Go Back to TV Guide
    Choose TV Station, Play
    **OSD for info button no longer works in TV or playing back recorded TV shows, but works fine everywhere else,

I have attached logs from debug mode showing this

Notes:
    - I have tried different Codecs for the TV playback, exact same issue with the OSD
    - Only the Info OSD doesnt work in TV, other OSD such as the timeshifting OSD continues to work fine after the Info OSD stops.

EDIT:: WORKAROUND

OK i have found a way to workgaround this issue, it seems to be caused by DirectVobSub (in Video settings)
    if i set Subtitles to disabled or MPC-HC, there is no longer an issue with the OSD
    Switch subtitles back to DirectVobSub and i can reproduce it everytime

I am using the latest version of DirectVobSub 2.39 and have been for a while and was no issue until the last 1 or 2 releases of MP so
    im not sure whos problem this is

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also this guy complains of the same issue from my Original thread in in StreamedMP

I am also experiencing this with my MCE remote and it only seemed to start happening after installing the latest version of StreamedMP and/or some of the patch updates. Sorry, can't narrow it down as it is intermittent. As you've said, I hear the click but don't get the OSD...

To get it working again I have to restart MP. The only plugins I use besides those included in StreamedMP are BackupSettings and Showtimes, both using latest versions.

:( Where to from here?

Cheers,

Needles

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi,

I am experiencing this bug with a brand bew MP install (V1.1.1), no customization except for loading & trying a couple of skins. Currently seeing it with skin: Black & White 1080p

I found that sometimes re-starting MP fixes it, othertimes not. It does seem a little haphazard to how it comes and goes.

It's very inconvienient, is anyone looking at this, or found a way to fix it.

Thanks,

Ian.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I had exactly the same problem and it was caused by directvobsub as well. I changed this setting and it instantly fixed the issue, so you're on the right thing.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    EDIT:: WORKAROUND

OK i have found a way to workgaround this issue, it seems to be caused by DirectVobSub (in Video settings)
    if i set Subtitles to disabled or MPC-HC, there is no longer an issue with the OSD
    Switch subtitles back to DirectVobSub and i can reproduce it everytime

EDIT:-

I am already set to MPC-HC and have tried disabling but still get the problem. It just seems to come and go of it's own accord, sometimes when I boot MP it's broken from the start, sometimes not. Sometimes it works and when I try to break it by giong all over MP and playing video's, photos etc it just won't break. Then next time I boot up MP it's broken.

I don't have DirectVobSub installed (when I try to enable it tells me this).

I get the feeling there is a related caching problem with MP. Sometimes I go into some menus, say a list of my photos, and when I try to scroll down the list I can hear the MP audio click as I press the down button but the cursor stays where it is. I have to BACK out then go in again and it's fine.

I have also had a situation whereby in the TV Guide I start recording the current programme thats playing and whereby it turns red in the guide. But when I try deleting that recording it stays RED until I scroll the guide up or down so that it refreshes.

To me the above are related to this same problem.....and I think it's something to do with cacheing.

I'll report this as a bug.

Ian.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you should reproduce and post your logs... thats how i figured it for me it was directvobsub causing the issue with it, it doesnt sound like you have the same problem as i did.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi,

I've tried a couple of skins and the problem is present, however, EVERY time I switch to debug mode the pop-ups are ok. Something about debug mode seems to fix the problem......or I'm just unlucky.

Ian.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    dont use debug mode? load mediaportal, replicate the problem, close mediaportal and then post the logs manually from the logs folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom