intermittent pixelation- signal or CPU? (1 Viewer)

swamprat96

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2010
    Avoca Beach
    Home Country
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Standard
    Windows Version: XP MCE sp3
    CPU Type: Pentium D 2.8
    HDD: iTB seagate
    Memory: 1 GB
    Motherboard: Intel D945PVS
    Video Card: Giganyte Nvidia 6600LE
    Video Card Driver: Gigabyte original
    Sound Card: On Board
    Sound Card AC3: On board
    Sound Card Driver: Soniq
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2210 (new)
    Remote: Harmony 515
    TV: LG 42PX5d
    Case: Aristec HT400

As you can see from the spec I don't have the latest and greatest gear in this thing. But I do have a brand new TV tuner card that is supposed to be one of the best

I'm getting pixelation from time to time that is brief but irritating. I've added a tv antenna amplifier with no change.

My question is- would an overly hot or overworked CPU cause this? Or is pixelation purely signal? The weather has been pretty bad where I am the last few days that I've been testing this so there is still a chance its signal based. But I've also had issues getting good airflow through the case and I've now added a fan to keep the tv card cool. The internal temp inside the case is 45 degC and the CPU gets to about 60C and the GPU maxes at 70C(passively cooled). The case has a very large Zalman Fan on the cpu and a board controlled exhaust 80cm fan.

Before I do yet more work on the cooling am I chasing my tail?:D

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I think I'm getting the same problem, it just a brief blink of a pixelated image from a previous frame . Correct?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmm ok what graphics card did you replace it with? I'm currently using a 785G IGP, but thinking of getting a new one in the 5 or 6-series.

swamprat96

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2010
    Avoca Beach
    Home Country
    Spoke too soon. I'm getting the odd random pixelation in the middle of a TV show. The aerial connection I have works fine on My LG plasma and it does not have this issue

swamprat96

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2010
    Avoca Beach
    Home Country
    I think its signal. I suspect that my LG TV has a stronger tuner than the Hauppauge. I've fitted a new antenna amp and the problem is now 99% fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom