Internet Streaming support by MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

jpatadia

August 17, 2008
Colorado, USA
Home Country
India India
Hello All,

Currently I have a HTPC which has media portal installed and I use it extensively to watch my media (Movies/MP3/TV show recording etc).

To access my media over the net, I've installed ORB (MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software) which allows me to view the same media over the net. Unfortunately the orb software; while very feature rich is extremely flaky and unstable.

What I was wondering was whether MediaPortal can provide a web interface to the media library (pictures/movies/tv guide/music) which can then be accessible everywhere. Mediaportal already has all that information, it would be a matter of exposing it to the web.

A feature like that would be a killer feature for the HTPC community, and would alleviate the need for having multiple software running in the HTPC.

While someone may think that web access is not part of HTPC [It is a home theater PC after all :) ] I would argue that exposing user media still belongs in the MediaPortal's domain and should be provided by the software.

:D

Jalpesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom