Invalid Character for movie number at position 0.... (1 Viewer)

poopa

Portal Member
July 10, 2006
I'm getting this error for some reason. even when my and xml contains only 1 movie.
im using the latest stable version of both mediaportal and myfilms.

Please help me.

poopa

Portal Member
July 10, 2006
Found the problem.
Im using Date format dd/MM/yyyy
I had to change to MM/dd/yyyy ...
any way to change the plugin so there is no need?

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Found the problem.
Im using Date format dd/MM/yyyy
I had to change to MM/dd/yyyy ...
any way to change the plugin so there is no need?
Can you explain more ?
Your Date fields in your DB database must be in the same format than your local windows date format settings...
Can you give your local date windows settings ans the date format in the ANT DB when it was wrong ?

scythelt

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
I get this error too incidentally...

Can't import a dvdprofiler database or ant sample xml file.

poopa

Portal Member
July 10, 2006
My windows date format was day/month/year
so in the TDateTime box of 'Date Added' field in ANT it showed something like 17/06/07 and this is how it was exported to the xml.
I'm guessing the XML importer of myFilms plugins assumes that date format is month/day/year and so it throws an error when trying to import 17 as a month since there are only 12 of those a year...
the obvious solution is to have myFilms plugin read the date format that is set in windows and import accordingly.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
My windows date format was day/month/year
so in the TDateTime box of 'Date Added' field in ANT it showed something like 17/06/07 and this is how it was exported to the xml.
I'm guessing the XML importer of myFilms plugins assumes that date format is month/day/year and so it throws an error when trying to import 17 as a month since there are only 12 of those a year...
the obvious solution is to have myFilms plugin read the date format that is set in windows and import accordingly.
It's already the case...
The plugin use the standard c# function base on your XP settings :
DateAdded = convert(Date, 'System.DateTime')
You have to define your regionals setting of your windows to the right date format you use... -configuration panel->regional settings (???) and choose the correct settings (English (US)) in your case and it'd work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
Replies
Views
@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
Replies
Views
I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
Replies
Views
I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields) so I have decided to have a go at creating an XML based on the XBMC Local xml. This has not been tested with multi languages and it has been configured for my personal collection. I'm hoping it will work...
Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom