Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi, I'm also lookinig for a 2nd, smaller system and I've read a review (in dutch) about this one. It seems to be quite sluggish with vista and the guy has installed XBMC live on it which seems to run fine.
    For that price, you cannot get any other device with comparable possibilities I guess.

rob200sx

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    I've just built up an ITX based system using an In-Win BM639 Case and the Zotac ION N330 board, it's nice and small and now begins the task of getting the video quality right on a 42" plasma.....

mattijs

August 7, 2009
    i was wondering if there was anyone here using an asrock ion 330 with mediaportal???
    And what OS does it run on?
    any experience?

chris33f

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Zotac ion-itx-g

Hi, I have gone through this post and I'm wondering about using my Zotac ION-G (4GB of ram) motherboard to build my mediaportal machine (I use to have a Pentium dual core, but too big, too greedy):
    I don't plan to stream data to another MP client, and want to use a NAS for media storage.

So, about this zotac ION-ITX-G
    - is it capable to decode all formats 720p 720i 1080p 1080i
    - is it capable to record all formats 720p 720i 1080p 1080i (DVB-T)
    - as far as I remember the server and client parts of MP must be installed in case of a single machine : will this board support it ?
    - it seems Xp is prefered to win 7, right ?
    - will MP v2 run correctly on it ?
    - to get good playback/recording I need to use PureVideoHD, and what else, which decoder pack is the best for that hardware ?
    - which MP settings are needed for best performance with this board ?
    - which dvb-t tuner would you recommend (USB I guess), which model ?

Thanks a lot :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom