ION330 (Dual) powerfull enough for MP standalone? (1 Viewer)

thomka02633

Portal Member
January 23, 2007
Hi Community,

has someone an ION330 (dual atom) as MP standalone system in use? How is the performance? Is it possible to play HD-Videos on such a system?

Thanks for ur help

with best regards

thomas

nfuse01

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
yep using a Asrock 330 overclocked to 2.0 ghz with Windows 7 and latest mp (version 1.1.0 Beta 1 rev23491) configured with the folowing plugins.

- xface
- tvseries
- tv and radio client (connection with tvserver on my windows 7 server configured with a dvb-c card)
- video's
- music
- pictures

current resolution is 1280 x 720 on a 42" philips plasma 1080p and 720p is playing flawless.

i was really impressed with the performance of this system. it needs a little tweeks here and there but it does the job perfect.

Mr.Wifi

Portal Pro
August 26, 2008
Düsseldorf
Home Country
Germany Germany
I would wait for ION 2 coming soon, it seems that NV will double the amount of shaders to 32 wich will make it possible to enyoy best Deinterlacing ( temporal spatial = VA ). I had a POV ION 330 - 1 System for a bit over a month but 1080i was really a pain...

For a HD Mediaplayer without TV or low TV ambitions even the ION 1 is a good choice though ;)

wijnand

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij a Samsung SN-T083A or similar.
The one's currently used are so fragile.. My kids can breake it easily..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom