iPlayer 'Play All' not working properly (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Ive had an issue with iplayer for a while now but only just got round to asking about it. The option to 'Play All' videos in a series folder doesnt seem to work properly as it gets stuck after a single streamed episode due to having to select which resolution to play the next video in again.

For example, if I want to put on multiple episodes of a Cbeebies cartoon such as Bing or Waybaloos so that my kids can sit and watch without having to touch the remote control (they dont know how to yet!) I would ideally like to highlight the first episode in the list, select 'Play All' and allow the episodes to stream one after the other.

The problem is that when the first episode finishes, instead of launching straight into another episode, OnlineVideos asks again which resolution to play the video in, and wont proceed until its been selected.

Is there any way around this? I dont see any options in the OV config which allows for automatic selection of resolution (an option of 'always select highest available resolution' would be nice).

TIA :)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is there any way around this? I dont see any options in the OV config which allows for automatic selection of resolution (an option of 'always select highest available resolution' would be nice).

You can't configure this. @Brownard need to implement the method GetMultipleVideoUrls instead of GetVideoUrl and clear the PlaybackOptions if inPlaylist and return a list containing only the preferred url.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    You can't configure this. @Brownard need to implement the method GetMultipleVideoUrls instead of GetVideoUrl and clear the PlaybackOptions if inPlaylist and return a list containing only the preferred url.

Thanks for the reply. So its out of our hands at the moment until the developer can implement a workaround/option?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When playing all it selects the best non HD stream (usually 1500kb/s). I might add an option to always select the best stream...

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Good stuff, although as you said an option to always choose the best stream would be cool. I always tend to choose the highest resolution, even for the kids stuff that ill be using the 'Play All' option.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Got to try this at the weekend, works perfectly :)

Will there be an option to play all videos in highest resolution at any point?

Thanks again for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom