IPTV Australia (1 Viewer)

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
September 17, 2008
Home Country
I have read many posts here and at Whirlpool forums on how to setup Australian ISP TPG's IPTV through Media Portal and have to admit that it confuses the hell out of me.

I have it working through the browser but need help setting up Media Portal to recognise the IPTV. How can I configure the MPTV server to recognise my TPG IPTV setup

Anyone able to guide me through this?

Many thanks !!

:confused:

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
September 17, 2008
Home Country
Using information from Jean-Yves Avenard's website I manged to create at m3u file with TPG ip addresses.

This didn't work, so I recall using JYA's m3u in VLC player... so I downloaded it and placed it in

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbip"

with the other m3u IP filters. It wasn't all that different from the one I created using information on his website.

Again, this failed to pickup any channels when scanning. I was hoping it would.

This made me configure the modem (model NB9WMAXX) to port forward 1234 to my Media Portal PC. Still no luck.

Is this something that ought to be incredibly simple or am I really missing the boat ?!?

A sample of the m3u file below, mine has udp and JYA's has rtp: -

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,Al Jazeera (English)
udp://233.29.121.2:1234
#EXTINF:0,Bloomberg (English)
udp://233.29.121.3:1234
#EXTINF:0,Channel News Asia (English)
udp://233.29.121.8:1234
#EXTINF:0,World of Fashion (English)
udp://233.29.121.20:1234
#EXTINF:0,Eurosport (English)
udp://233.29.121.27:1234
#EXTINF:0,Eurosport News (English)
udp://233.29.121.28:1234
#EXTINF:0,Deutsche Welle (German/English)
udp://233.29.121.4:1234
#EXTINF:0,Phoenix InfoNews (Mandarin)
udp://233.29.121.6:1234
#EXTINF:0,TRT (Turkish)
udp://233.29.121.9:1234
#EXTINF:0,TVE International (Spanish)
udp://233.29.121.14:1234​

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
September 17, 2008
Home Country
I have followed the instructions in the wiki - here

However, at step 9 where it advises to go to the tv server channel section there is no TPG channels listed.

I have tried the TPG_IPTV_Channels_SQLScript.txt finally found in the post by mikeyko about 25-30 pages in. Both with the Elecard and UDP settings but after getting 35 records updated successfully message they still do not appear in the tv server.

Using the information in the text, I have manually entered a channel and mapped it to the IP source filter successfully. Taking the Network, Transport and Service ID from the text. However, the PmtPid is set to TRUE, Media portal doesn't accept this option. Setting it to 1

Now, I am getting the unable to graph error message.

ANY AUSTRALIANS out there that have successfully incorporated TPG IPTV into Media Portal please advise on how to do it.

Cheers,

Ausdigtal

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    im on Optus here and they seem to be draggin their feet when it comes to IPTV..i hope to see something soon so i can test it with MP but...i dunno when any IPTV will be available with Optus

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Even iiNet have gone for IPTV. Optus is missing the boat on this one.

Still, it would be nice for Media Portal to tune into the Australian IPTV source.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have followed the instructions in the wiki - here

However, at step 9 where it advises to go to the tv server channel section there is no TPG channels listed.

I have tried the TPG_IPTV_Channels_SQLScript.txt finally found in the post by mikeyko about 25-30 pages in. Both with the Elecard and UDP settings but after getting 35 records updated successfully message they still do not appear in the tv server.

Using the information in the text, I have manually entered a channel and mapped it to the IP source filter successfully. Taking the Network, Transport and Service ID from the text. However, the PmtPid is set to TRUE, Media portal doesn't accept this option. Setting it to 1

Now, I am getting the unable to graph error message.

ANY AUSTRALIANS out there that have successfully incorporated TPG IPTV into Media Portal please advise on how to do it.

Cheers,

Ausdigtal

Although i have no experience with the IPTV functions, could you post logs?

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Riksmith,

I have attached the TV server logs after attempting to preview the IPTV channels.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seems the settings for this channel are wrong (Network iD, Transportstream ID, Service ID). Have you entered them yourself?

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Yes, this is the information as provided by the ISP

Program Number = 1
    PMT Pid = 0x10 / 16
    Video, PCR Pid = 0xe0 / 224
    Audio Pid = 0xc0 / 192

The following next following things are no longer relavant.

Networkid
    Transportid
    Serviceid

I have used the information provided in a charli181 post on TPG's IPTV and set 0,1,1 for the network, transport and service IDs. Also used 7 as the provider.

As a side note, I created another database entry for the 35 channels as explained in the link but NEVER saw them in Media Portal so thats why I have manually entered them.

I have tried the URL as:

• udp://233.29.121.3:1234
    • rtp://233.29.121.3:1234
    • udp://233.29.121.3:1234:t=m2t/rtp
    • rtp://@bloomberg.iptv.tpg.com.au:1234

with mixed results. I might get the preview window open but no picture, others might get me the unable to start graph error.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you try playing these streams in VLC? Perhaps that can show which url is correct, and perhaps it can also show some more info on what fields to fill.

I can't find that SQL file so i cannot check what that does. Perhaps you can also use the DVB-IP sections here to scan for the channels:

TV Servers - MediaPortal Wiki Never used it so no clue if it will work.

At least the service ID comes very precise, so that has to be correct in order for tuning to work.

I also found this thread which reveals that not al technologies are supported yet. Perhaps it can help? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...r-etc-325/iptv-filter-support-rtp-http-84321/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom