[confirm] IPTV - MP can't play some TV streams (1 Viewer)

bart594

Portal Member
January 17, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 RC2 (yeah!)
MediaPortal Skin: Fidelity
Windows Version: Win7 32bit
CPU Type: Core Quad 2,33
HDD: WD 640GB
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Video Card: ATI 4670
Video Card Driver: 10.3
MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF5 -FFDShow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF5 - FFDShow
h.264 Video Codec: SAF5 (PDVD10)
Satelite/CableTV Provider:

Hi,

i have a problem with some streams that are delivered by my iptv operator as udp stream (SD and HD channels) .
there are streams that can't be played as LIVE TV stream by MP nor VLC ( i checked if this is only MP fault)
BUT after i recorded the stream wit VLC (raw output to TS ) i CAN play it with wmp and ffdshow as codec. VLC can't play this stream even after record...
In logs first i switched to HBO2 (plays fine), then to HBO (no picture) an back to HBO2 (plays fine)

And here is the recorded stream
Download hbo.ts for free on uploading.com

Thanks for any help. Appart from this problem this is a great app

PS . This issue i had before current release ( i started with RC1)

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: IPTV - MP can't play some TV streams

Hi bart594,

this can also be a codec problem. To check weather it's a problem with receiving the data or a codec problem you can use the Timeshift and record buttons in the tvserver config (under manual control). If the record works and if wmp can play the recorded file it is an codec problem. If no file is recorded or the recorded file is broken, try to use the debug file that dimka already mentioned and post the logs.

I cannot play the video you uploaded neither with vlc nor with wmp. Do you know which format is used by your provider?

bart594

Portal Member
    January 17, 2006
    Hi Stepko,
    Hi Dimka,

Here are my findings:
    1. Timeshifting or recording doesn't work with problematic channel - file has 0 bytes :( (timeshift buffer too)
    2. i tried today smplayer (on mplayer base) too and it plays this live stream without problem and in use is ffmpeg2 decoder. As i mentioned before VLC can't play this stream even after record, wmp with ffdshow from SAF pack plays recorded stream nicely
    3. Stepko: if you can't play this stream try maybe smplayer - as i wrote befor VLC can't play this stream and it is weird mpeg2 stream ;)
    4. Logs generated wit debug filter attached

Thx for any help

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: IPTV - MP can't play some TV streams

Hi bart594,

I finally got your test video running in smplayer. I also had a look at the logs. The iptv-filter works fine. It receives the data and passes them to the next filter.
    I think that the TVServer cannot read the data. As you already said it is some weired mpeg video. If the TVServer can not handle the data it probably drops them, thats why your file is 0 bytes. The resolution is of the video is 640 x 576, never heard of that resolution :confused: When I try to open the file in vlc it just crashes.
    I don't think that this video will work in TVServer. As far as I know it can only handle mpeg and h264. I can say that the iptv-filter works fine, so the data are passed correctly to the next filter. I don't know how the TVServer works, that why I can't really help you. :sorry:

Stepko

bart594

Portal Member
    January 17, 2006
    Thx Stepko for a try

Can someone from TVServer devs look at this ?
    what is so different about this stream that tvserver can handle this ?? I have about 80 channels and 15 from them don't work. As i mentioned before SMplayer plays everything fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom