IPTV with german m3u in Germany (1 Viewer)

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have now 50 MBit DSL and now want to try IP TV. There is a Little guide I have found in the mediaportal forum. I have installed the "mediaportal URL source splitter iptv filter". I know where to install the m3u playlist. A question: in TV Server in my case I doesn't have this "DVB-IP Mediaportal IPTV..." (highlighted in red in the attached Picture). I think I need "DVB-IP Mediaportal IPTV..." to scan channels right?
Does someone have a m3u playlist with german channels? Is it right that I can use many German IPTV channels for free (e.g. ZDF, ARD, 3SAT and so on)?
TV Server.png

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
No answer so far!
Again my question: in TV Server in my case I doesn't have this "DVB-IP Mediaportal IPTV..." (highlighted in red in the attached Picture). I think I need "DVB-IP Mediaportal IPTV..." to scan channels right? Lately I updated from Mepo 1.11 final to Mepo 1.16 pre release but I still haven't this "DVB-IP Mediaportal IPTV..." (highlighted in red in the attached Picture)". Can I re-install this DVB-IP Mediaportal IPTV... ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is a Little guide I have found...
    It would have been a good idea to provide a link. ;)

I think I need "DVB-IP Mediaportal IPTV..." to scan channels right?
    Yes.
    You've probably done something simple like set the "number of IPTV cards" (tuner list: TV Server Config -> TV Servers -> <your server name>) to zero. Thought you'd manage to figure that out for yourself. ;)
    ...or maybe you're missing a pre-requisite (=> installation failed) for the "mediaportal URL source splitter iptv filter" that you tried to install. (Why didn't you try using the provided IPTV filter?)

Does someone have a m3u playlist with german channels?
    Not me.

Is it right that I can use many German IPTV channels for free (e.g. ZDF, ARD, 3SAT and so on)?
    I wouldn't know... but usually IPTV is only "free" if your internet service provider (ISP) offers it as a bundled service (ie. you pay for it when you pay for your internet connection).

Can I re-install this DVB-IP Mediaportal IPTV... ?
    Yes (with a little difficulty)... but you should first confirm that you haven't set the number of IPTV tuners to 0.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't have a T-Com Entertainment package. So when there are no free IPTV channels I don't spent anymore time in this issue.

Chrissy

February 4, 2017
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,
    Could someone please tell me the path in Windows 10 where to install the m3u playlist?
    Thanks.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could someone please tell me the path in Windows 10 where to install the m3u playlist?

You need to put it in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbip for scanning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom