IR Blaster plugin for non-tuner use? (1 Viewer)

fitzy75

Portal Member
January 20, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello

Apologies if I have missed any similar threads/plugins but I wasn't able to find anything of use when searching.

Is it possible to use an IR blaster within MP 1.2.2 to control other devices apart from a set-top box?

I would find it useful to be able to operate other devices, specifically power functions such as to turn my projector/TV or air-con on or off using a standard MCE-compatible remote. Ideally I am looking for a plugin which will either load from an unused key on the remote or from the plugins menu, and it would have the ability to learn a command from another remote for any IR device and then be able to blast it when needed, a nice fancy popup menu would be nice (as there is always one display device switched on) but not essential.

I use a HP MCE receiver like this one, I am unsure of the exact model as the sticker on the bottom is scuffed and unreadable but I'm sure many of you have seen them before and will know the model. Device Manager recognises it as eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCID) and has VID 0471 and PID 0815.

Is this sort of use possible at all? Are there any existing plugins? If not, anyone up for a challenge? :)

P.s. I'm running Windows 7 Pro if it matters...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom