IR Blaster Recommendation please (1 Viewer)

A.D.I.D.A.S

Portal Member
May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a WinTV-PVR-150 MCE Kit Tuner Card but not using the card.. The Kit included IR blaster. I can not get the blaster to work and would like to know of a better but cheap IR blaster to control my set top box.

Can anyone recommend a good IR blaster to use with Media Portal and a good place to buy it from?
Or if anyone knows how to get this sucker to work?

It works fine with Media Center but not Media Portal.

Thank you!

A.D.I.D.A.S

Portal Member
May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Tried it but it still does not want to change the channels of my STB. trying to opperate a Conaxsat Nano2 Sat receiver and really do not want to spend $25 to see if lmremote has a online database for this receiver.

Any ideas?

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    lmremote free version supports learning so you can learn the buttons, I use lmremote to change the volume on my audio receiver and it learnt the IR codes. I didnt have to pay anything. IRSS wouldn't work with my IR receiver, but lmremote worked fine. It takes a lot of fiddling to learn the codes, and after it learnt them i edited the IR code manually to remove the second IR signal, because some remotes send double signal, one signal means button down, 2nd signal means button up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom