IR control of external satellite set top box (1 Viewer)

mocm

September 3, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I just installed MP and it looks very good - I've been using MCE for about 2 years with DVB-T card. The need for something else is because I wnt to start recording from external set top box as well and MCE does not allow this. With a little help & a few tips from my last question I now have the set top box connected to the S-Video input on my PC and in MP I've created an extern Svideo channel. So I can now view and schedule recording for the current showing channel on the set top box.

I have MCE remote & MCE IR blaster connected.

How do I add / create multiple channels for the single S-Video input (I was only able to add one external channel)

Then how can I add the control so that MP send the correct IR code to the set top box to change channel.

If its not possible with MCE remote & blaster, what other options do I have ?

thanks, mocm.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It is possible.

If you're using MediaPortal's built in TV Engine then you can use the MyBlaster plugin, MCE Replacement plugin, or IR Server Suite.

Though I'm not sure if MyBlaster is still being kept up to date.

If you're using MediaPortal with TV Engine 3 then you can use the included ServerBlaster plugin, or the TV3 MCE Blaster plugin or IR Server Suite.

You can find more information on MCE Replacement Plugin, TV3 MCE Blaster plugin and IR Server Suite in the MCE Replacement Plugin forum sub-section, here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_replacement_plugin-f165.html?f=165

ServerBlaster is included in the TV Engine 3 install.

You can find lots of good information on using a Set Top Box with MediaPortal by searching the forums.

Good luck,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom