Irman (1 Viewer)

smduff

Portal Member
January 6, 2009
Hello I just got a old Irman reciever and I have a Harmony 880 remote I have downloaded the ir suite software but cant figure out how to use it, I have read a few post when i searched for "irman" but nothing that helped me figure out how to use the reciever or the software any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Is IRman registered in Device manager? (have you installed drivers for it?)

What settings have you tried with Harmony? - what remote is it emulating?

Have you tried any other software - ie Girder, Eventghost?

smduff

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    under ports in device manager a serial plug icon shows up and in brackets (com1) which is where the irman is pluged into so i assume that is correct, as for me installing drivers no, I haven't tried any settings with the harmony yet I didn't know what to try there as far as that goes, and as for software I haven't tried any thing else is one better than the other?

smduff

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Ok I found eventghost and installed it, i selected the irman plugin and mediaportal plugin in the configueration setup now what remote should i emulate with my harmony to use with it?

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    MCE would be a good starting point. It has an MCE plugin ....

Failling that you could try an x10 remote or whetever else you want to emulate with the harmony 880

smduff

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    ok so I have everything setup I think but cant get them to interact together event ghost shows it see's the commands from the remote but mediaportal dosn't do anything?

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    I dont have an MCE remote I can test it with at the moment.

Perhaps a post on the Eventghost Forum might be a good way to proceed?

Check to see if the MP plugin is working with current build. If so, there should be information available through members on how to set it up. If not, you might want to find out if its possible to dispense with the plugin and just get eventghost to emulate raw keyboard commands then map the remote codes directly to the keymap for MP yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom