IRSS in Vista x64 (1 Viewer)

Zasurus

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,
I couldn't find a decent answer to this anywhere so is it posible to get a M$ RC6 remote and the blaster to work with MP and Vista x64.

I have 6Gig of RAM and don't want to waste it with a 32bit system (as it can only use 3Gig) so have been using XP x64 for a few months but MP is REALLY unstable and crashes all the time. I hoped it would get better but it just gets worse with every new update! :-(

I have tried runing x64bit Vista with all the versions of IRSS I have which are:
- 1.0.4.1 (works perfectly but MP plugin doesn't work) :-(
- 1.4.2.2627 (same as above)

- 1.4.2.3018 (Can't get anything to work)
- 1.4.2.3026 (Can't get anything to work)
- 1.4.2.3049 (Can't get anything to work)

I have even tried the older versions that work with the newer MP plugins but still no luck... :-(

Has anyone else got this working?

Thanks
:confused:
Zas

EDIT: Added the newest Log files 2009-08-15 - 11.30

fjmalan

Portal Member
August 9, 2009
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi Zasurus

You need to add the logs in the c:\programdata\IR Server Suite folder
I'm also attaching 2975 which i know works (i suspect your having the same problem i have)

Zasurus

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
Hi Zasurus

You need to add the logs in the c:\programdata\IR Server Suite folder
I'm also attaching 2975 which i know works (i suspect your having the same problem i have)

Crap! New logs then this time from programdata folder! ;-)
3rd time lucky?
I will try booting back into Vista and try again... Been trying to rebuild 1.1Alpha without the 64bit xp block that stops me installing in on XP to see if that is more stable in 64bit XP... Not been going to well! LOL

LOL Will get back to you if that version works.

Zas

:D and sorry about the wrong logs! ;-)

EDIT:-------------------------------------- UPDATE ----------------------------------------------

OK I have tested version 2975 as surgeted by fjmalan (thanks :)) but still no luck. It works for translator but no MP plugin again (same as all version earlyer than 3000 :-( I have attached the newest log files to my first post... Any ideas from these why mp plugin won't pickup the remote commands when translator does... I have checked they are both pointing to localhost for the servers and they are... :-(

HELP!

Desparatly,

Zas

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
October 29, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi,

i had some problems with the control plugin with mp 1.1.0.0 alpha under win7 x64.
i did the following to fix it:

1. install 1.4.2.2627
2. install JUST the mp-control plugin from the latest build ( 1.4.2.3026 or later )

Zasurus

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
hi,

i had some problems with the control plugin with mp 1.1.0.0 alpha under win7 x64.
i did the following to fix it:

1. install 1.4.2.2627
2. install JUST the mp-control plugin from the latest build ( 1.4.2.3026 or later )

Hum... tried that and still no response in MP...
Have you removed the reg entries to stop windows opening MediaCenter when you click the green button etc? As I have also done this so Translator can use the green button to open MP.

I installed all of IRSS 1.4.2.2975 (which works with translator) and then I installed (Over the top) the newest version 1.4.2.3060 but unticked everything but the MP plugin. (New logs included bellow)

It still works with translator but doesn't work with MP still :-(

HELP!:D:confused:

Zas

fjmalan

Portal Member
August 9, 2009
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
dont see your logs attached, btw, in your MediaPortal Config, is the "Use MCE" ticked ? (it shouldnt be)
Does anyone know where the MP Control Plugin's logfiles are located?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just to summarize and make it clear for everybody:

- IRSS <= 2975 is built as AnyCPU and should work for everybody.
    - IRSS > 2975 is built as x86, this fixes a lot of issues for a lot of people, but break MCE original receiver for x64 users ( thx MS for this ).

We are currently hardly working to make x64 users happy again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Simone

Zasurus

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Just to summarize and make it clear for everybody:

- IRSS <= 2975 is built as AnyCPU and should work for everybody.
    - IRSS > 2975 is built as x86, this fixes a lot of issues for a lot of people, but break MCE original receiver for x64 users ( thx MS for this ).

We are currently hardly working to make x64 users happy again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Simone

Would it be posible to release the newest version using AnyCPU aswell just to see if that fixes the problems (Unless you know it won't work)?

Zas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom