IRSS Still Freezing on Resume (1 Viewer)

cafe.racer

Portal Pro
August 5, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm still having problems with the Input Service "freezing" on resume.

In the old version stopping and starting the Input Service would get it working again, current using cpp2005's version and it's still locking up, but I have to go into the input service configuration and update the config, which triggers the service restart, and that fixes it.

Anyone else, or just me?

I posted the above in one of the stickies - I have a bit more info, so though I'd start a new thread.

This is with the MCE Remote and Transceiver.

By "freezes" I mean that it will not do anything when I press a button that I have mapped to do something. MCE is responding to button presses, the red light on the receiver is responding, by the buttons I've mapped to change the AV Receiver over don't do anything.

In the last version, Translator would be sat "Reconnecting..." and stopping and restarting the Input Service would get it connect.

In this version Translator looks to be connected fine. I've found that if I bring Translator up, I can "test" each button mapping sucessfully (I mean, going to Edit, Test sucessfully changes the amp over).

The only way I've found to get the remote buttons to work is to go into the Input Service configuration for the MCE Remote and then coming back out which triggers a restart of the Input Service ("Restart after configuration changes").

Does that help?

Does it suggest that it's something to do with the MCE Remote Driver or my setup, rather than IRSS?

cafe.racer

Portal Pro
August 5, 2008
Home Country
Hi,

Vista.

I've noticed that I get a "USB Device Not Recognised" on resume, which goes away after a minute. I'm wondering if that's something to d with it.

If I use the virtual remote, it works fine.

Took me a while to find the logs (which is incredible when you see where they are!) - but now I have, the input service log has an error in it.

BTW - Doing the restart after Input Service configuration always crashes VMC, if it's open.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    It seems that sometimes your remote causes "The device does not recognize the command" error. Once you get it, MCE plugin stops working. Input service continues working, but it does not receive anything from MCE plugin, that's why you have to restart the service.
    I don't know why are you getting this error, it does not seem related to suspend or resume.

cafe.racer

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Hmmm, :mad:

Does this suggest a device problem with the microsoft transceiver "talking" to the plugin? Or the remote control talking to the transceiver?

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    One of the buttons on your remote causes Vista driver itself to return an error. Plugin just stops working after that. Since it looks like the driver continues working as usual, I think this error may be ignored. I can change plugin so it will ignore this error and let you check it, OK?

cafe.racer

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2008
    Home Country
    That would be brilliant, thanks.

I assume you mean that there's a button that's sending the wrong/unrecognised code? Is there any way to find out which button is causing the problem, a debug tool or something?

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Sorry for long delay, here it is. Stop IR Server and extract it to "IR Server Plugins" subdirectory of IR Server Suite.
    In case you have problems, attach the log again.

Clinton

Portal Member
    October 2, 2008
    If I might butt in. What I notice using the latest MCE tranceiver files (Vista) is that the read thread fails to get going properly on system startup. This is before any remote buttons have been pressed. I have attached the log files.
    Once the input service has been manually restarted, everything is fine - no problems with standby and resume here.

I have just discovered IRSS and I think it is incredibly useful. Hope this input helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom