IRSS with FireDTV slows down Vista shutdown (1 Viewer)

muellerheik

Portal Member
December 25, 2009
I have installed IRSS 1.4.2.3290 at Windows Vista 32Bit using FireDTV remote control. Since this installation the Windows shutdown takes several minutes, much longer then normal. When I uninstall IRSS or when I unselect FireDTV in the IRS configuration, the shutdown time becomes normal. Sometime I gets a blue screen during the long shutdown time and the Windows starts up again. The driver version for FireDTV is 5.7. I have attached the log files. How can help me?

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: IRSS with FireDTV slows down Vista shutdown

i cannot confirm that (im my case) irss is to blame, because i haven't tested it yet, but i've got the exact same problem. Reboot or Shutdown takes a very long time. I'm also using IRSS and FireDTV (but 5.6). I'll investigate and report again tomorrow

Thanks

Joe

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    2010-01-18 21:59:01.031959 - Info: Unregistered a client
    2010-01-18 22:06:04.293359 - Info: Unregistered a client
    2010-01-18 22:06:46.933159 - Info: Stopping IR Server ...

Seems like you have two client registered. Can you try without TrayLauncher/Translator please ?

Simone

muellerheik

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    AW: IRSS with FireDTV slows down Vista shutdown

Hello Chemelli,
    thanks you very much for your feedback. For test I have disabled translater autostart. The problem is still the same. I have checked processes in the task manager and found IR Server Tray.exe and IR Server.exe running. It seams to be OK. Then I have used msconfig to remove IR Server Tray.exe from system start. After restart Windows only IR Server.exe was present in the processes list but the shutdown stays to long. Then I have also removed the IR Server.exe from the system start list. After restart Windows there was no IR Server precess running anymore. Now the Windows shutdown is OK.
    How can I get a normal Windows shutdown with IR Server running?

Best regards muellerheik

muellerheik

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    Hello,

my problem with the very long shutdown time at Vista, when IRSS is working with FireDTV remote is still present. Has anybody a solition for this problem?

Best regards

Muellerheik

muellerheik

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    I made some more tests and found that the IR Server.exe is the reason for the slow shutdown. I tried to cancel the process IR Server.exe via task manager and this is not possible. During shutdown, Windows has the same problem to stop IR Server.exe. This is the reason for the long shutdown time. Then I made a new installation from Windows Vista on my PC. I only installed Vista with SP1, chipset, graphic, sound and TV card drivers. Then I have removed the remote control.exe from the Autostart menu and restarted my PC. After restart I have installed IRSS as application and tested the function using translater. The FireDTV remote control worked well with IRSS. Then I shut down Vista an the shutdown time was very long. I tested IRSS versions 1.4.2.3158, 1.4.2.3290 and 1.4.2.3344 with the same result, too long shutdown time. Then I tested FireDTV driver versions 4.5N and 5.7 also with too long shutdown time. There is not other software installed on my PC which could effect the shutdown time.
    Has anybody an idea how to solve this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom