IRTRANS : low brightness / contrast when MP start (and after) --> no more fixed .... (1 Viewer)

killshoot

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi Everybody,

First, congratulation to Joe Dalton for is amazing work. In fact the plugin is not only incredibly stable, but also make everything needed WITHOUT tons of configuration and "workaround".

One more time great job Joe Dalton!

So just a basic configuration question, I've not found anything on forum :

When MP start, the contrast ( I personaly think this is brightness ) fall. Even when I stop MP the contrast is still low. I've tried to do some contrast tuning with the config menu of the plugin but without any result (seems that the scrollbar doesnt affect anything :( ) Can you help me ?

Best regards,

Vincent

killshoot

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Thank for your reply,

I don't use a soundgraph display but an IRTRANS. I already have RC3 and latest SVN installed, but no more result.
Maybe I need the IRSERVER?

Any other idea?

Regards,

Vincent

killshoot

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Well, I'm home alone on this thread... :(

I've tried the new IRTRANS firmware... Without success.

Still nobody have this problem or can help me?

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

I, too, have this problem/issue - Using the Zalman HD160 case with IRTRANS; display is bright when boot Windows, but dims with the start of MediaPortal and stays dim when MediaPortal is closed (stays dim until Windows is rebooted). Unfortunately, this renders the display obsolete. Preferred would be for the display to be dim at boot, and to brighten with MediaPortal.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

killshoot

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Well, after lot of tests I think that the problem come from the new type of VFD and new drivers.

I haven't access to "advenced" options (nothing happen) when I try to click on it.

Question : Who develop the external display plugin now? I fact I've see that JoeDalton has leaved from media portale :(

I'll try to find some info into my log this evening

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I think the problem may be that the LCDHype driver for IRTrans supports a brightness control but not a contrast control... whereas the ExternalDisplay driver only supports a contrast control....

So... attached is a test version that uses the contrast control as a backlight control for the LCDHype driver... give it a try and see what happens...

NOTE: The size of this driver is substantially larger than the regular processplugins.dll file.... This is due to other driver changes I am working on, which are not currently enabled.

Regards,
CybrMage

killshoot

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
oh Yeah you're the best!

Thanks a lot. Everything's running.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Works brilliantly, thankyou!
Will these changes be included in future releases of MP? Holding on to this replacement file for future use :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom